FL (MIB2) Repeating Album Issue

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way where I can have the album thats playing continue on to the next album after it finishes? (SD card based playback)

This was how it was on the MIB1 unit, but on the MIB2 it continuously repeats the same album until you manually select another one, it won't just run through on to the next one in the natural order. Incredibly annoying!

I cant find any option to deselect 'repeat album', or indeed any that says 'continous playback' or the like..

I don't know if it is related to your problem but I had an issue where it would not remember the last track I played after parking the car. I would get back in and it would start playing again at the first track on the SD card. I found the card was faulty and the player was unable to write to it. I think it creates .xml files on the card to keep track of where it is up to when playing.

I don't know if it is related to your problem but I had an issue where it would not remember the last track I played after parking the car. I would get back in and it would start playing again at the first track on the SD card. I found the card was faulty and the player was unable to write to it. I think it creates .xml files on the card to keep track of where it is up to when playing.

Thats a separate issue I think, but thanks for the feedback anyhow

Have you tried putting them all in 1 folder and every album is a sub folder?
I just stream everything now so not tried. My last a6 was the same.

Reactions: Dubjam
Each album is a folder, one card is the one I used on MIB1, and worked fine, and one is just more of the same, dragged and dropped albums from my MAC all in FLAC or MP3 format.

I'll give that a go!

I divide mine into:
Music
Podcasts
Radio

...and then subfolders from there.

That said, I haven’t tried what you want to do. Will try to have a play over the weekend (which is pretty much the only time I get to use my car these days...).

I divide mine into:
Music
Podcasts
Radio

...and then subfolders from there.

That said, I haven’t tried what you want to do. Will try to have a play over the weekend (which is pretty much the only time I get to use my car these days...).

Thanks for giving it an investigation..I tried the folders option on mine today, and still the same issue.

Had a play today and it only repeated the current folder.

Since the MMI won’t let you play a folder (it needs a track to be selected within the folder) I think the next thing to try is selecting a track in a high level folder which has both tracks and sub-folders.

Had a play today and it only repeated the current folder.

Since the MMI won’t let you play a folder (it needs a track to be selected within the folder) I think the next thing to try is selecting a track in a high level folder which has both tracks and sub-folders.

Thanks for having a play around, really appreciates.

I think it genuinely is a programming issue, they have essentially removed the feature on the mib2. Absolutely frustrating as heck.

Tested via Jukebox?

I havent, but even if it does work properly on jukebox, its so small its kinda pointless.

I think a return to Mib1 will be happening soon!