FL Front cigarette /Power illumination

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Hi Folks, 2 things, I noticed the illumination around my front Power socket is not working but the socket works, also when I was in a brand new A3 today I noticed the lighting around the socket is white compared to the pre facelift which is orange . Can I ask , has anyone changed there power point over to facelift one or does anyone know how to change it/ remove it from the panel it mounted on
Thanks folks
Gordon

The illumination round the power outlet is only activated when the headlights come on due to low light.
If the headlights come on due to rain, then the power outlet light does not come on. Although in both cases the illumination for the lights knob comes on.
This may all be unnecessary information if you are actually saying that your light worked and now doesn’t.

Thanks Richard , I will check that, do you know how the socket can be removed as I would like to change it for the white illumination as I also have the cup holder illumination and would match in with that . Many thanks

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-2_22-54-27.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-2_22-54-27.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 64
  • upload_2020-3-2_22-54-27.png
    upload_2020-3-2_22-54-27.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 63
Thanks Khufu,
Did you remove yours and change yours?, can you also move the orange surround without removing the centre console ?? And then change it for the white one ??

there is a special tool available to remove it, just google VAG cigarette lighter removal tool or something similar. The spring pin (the light) is about £6-8 from dealers.

there is a special tool available to remove it, just google VAG cigarette lighter removal tool or something similar. The spring pin (the light) is about £6-8 from dealers.

Thank you Boj27, if you have the tool can it all ( the socket part and the spring pin light) be removed from the panels without taking the panels apart? ?
Thanks again