FL Exterior Trim Issue

Peter1201

Reaction score
Loving my car but a couple of weeks ago I notched that I had a problem with the silver tim around the rear quater-light - see images.

The two pieces of trim are no longer flush. I got in touch with my dealer who have replaced the trim but were not able to do it perfectly - I've relayed my displeasure and said I will see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    961.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 289
Definitely shouldn't look like that.
IMG 4292

Reactions: Peter1201, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Just checked mine (non FL) and it's flush.

I'd certainly get it back into the dealer and get it completely flush as it would annoy me quite a lot, and if they couldn't fix, I'd be expecting a fair amount off, or a replacement ordered.

Reactions: Peter1201 and Rob2k68
Looks like a quality control issue off the line. It will be fixed. I have the joins bubbling on my prefacelift which has the black pack. You would get laughed at if you request a new car because of it though.

Reactions: Peter1201 and azibux1
You would get laughed at if you request a new car because of it though.
This.

Don't do this.

Just give them a chance and explain you need it looking at again. They're reasonable people.

Reactions: Peter1201
Thanks all,

First fix is better, but still not flush so I'm not happy. Concerned though that any repair will do more harm than good.
Trouble is, it winds me up each time I see it, small detail I know but wrong is wrong no matter how small.

I was wondering if there is anyone else with this issue........or am I the only one.......surely not?

If you can, please let me know

Thanks