Facelift FL B&O

The_Ironist

Reaction score
It seems you can’t just get B&O as an option on its own any more and have to opt for the sound and comfort pack which includes heated front seats, parking plus and hold assist, none of which I’m interested in or want to pay for.

Is this correct?

Yep, just so Audi can try and make more money out of options. However Mercedes are even worse, if you want Burmester it will cost you £2400+ In other options. I think a lot of brands are doing it. Selling packages rather than individual options

They're doing it with the RS3 & RS4 too. Specced both up, and you can't have B&O without Keyless go, which I would never spec.

Black edition has it standard but again you may not like the black optics or should l say Anthracite optics

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Black edition A3 just has audi sound with reduced cost sound and comfort. Does S3 Black have B&O?

Black edition A3 just has audi sound with reduced cost sound and comfort. Does S3 Black have B&O?
Yeah and you can't deselect it either, comfort and sound package ain't available on a black edition S3

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yep, just so Audi can try and make more money out of options. However Mercedes are even worse, if you want Burmester it will cost you £2400+ In other options. I think a lot of brands are doing it. Selling packages rather than individual options
Burmester is a totally different kettle of fish in comparison to the lowly priced bang&Olufsen in the A3, and is only a option on higher end Mercedes cars and Porsche so £2000 odd quid ain't much on a £65k plus car etc

Black edition has it standard but again you may not like the black optics or should l say Anthracite optics
im guessing you're talking about the trim that isn't black as night? i've noticed it too lool

Reactions: Jassyo06
im guessing you're talking about the trim that isn't black as night? i've noticed it too lool
Front and rear mate, the only reason l noticed it was because of my last S3 that was in high gloss black... Quite a difference

Reactions: MattSedg
I know going off topic but any pics of this not black black? I’m thinking of going BE

Seems to be an Audi norm now, as its the same in the A4. I managed to seek it in my build before they stopped it as an option on its own.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Audi cars in North America are all optioned like this. They offer two standard packages. The low end S3 package offers leather, pano roof, powered and heated seats, sat/nav etc. The high end package is standard plus B&O, virtual cockpit, plus some other goodies, which can be optioned to the standard package, but you can not option B&O or VC . They can keep the VC but I did want the B&O on my car but not at the upcharge price of 2,500 quid for the high end package with options I did not want.
Looks like the days are numbered in the UK for base car and then add all the options you want, which I really like. I can understand the logic for car manufacturers to not allow this, as it is much easier to produce two pretty loaded standard packages and add just a few customer options.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
It seems you can’t just get B&O as an option on its own any more and have to opt for the sound and comfort pack which includes heated front seats, parking plus and hold assist, none of which I’m interested in or want to pay for.

Is this correct?

I think their also force you to take that pack to be able to select virtual cockpit.

Audi UK marketing people are just stupid: I didn't want any of those options, but would have been happy to pay £400 for virtual cockpit.

Is this correct?
That's pretty bad if that's what Audi have now become. BMW have always notoriously made you buy 'Packs' which bundle a lot of things together, and I respected Audi for individualising options so you can tailor your new car to what you want and need. It's irritating because the packs aren't cheap and often put on a lot to a base model of a car.

Saying that, I personally won't ever have a car without heated seats and front/rear parking sensors again, so I'd probably spec that pack. :tongueclosed:

I know going off topic but any pics of this not black black? I’m thinking of going BE
Basically the hight gloss black trim around windows is high gloss black like on my last S3, the front grille surround is different it slightly ie duller as is the rear valance it's of a graphite like finish
DSC 0099
DSC 0027