Fixing my curbed rotor

steelfish

Reaction score
Hi there. Managed to slide into the curb a couple of days back and I've managed to scrape my rotor alloy.

Any chance of some recommendations for somewhere local to Leeds/Rothwell that can do a good job sorting, please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Looks like a wheel to me. Why call it a rotor?

Rotor is the model of the wheel. As for the repair you will need someone who lazer cuts, not all alloy wheel refurb places can do this,sorry I can help you with someone in your area as I'm down South but I remember when my wife done one on her vw Beetle cabby it was a nightmare finding someone to do it, in the end I got a new wheel off ebay.

Reactions: SI-W85
I'd be leaving that until after winter then try finding someone that does diamond cut wheels there are plenty about nowadays so shouldn't struggle to find someone and it's only minor so should be an easy fix

I never knew that was the name of the wheel design.... learn something new every day :)

Mate try your local Audi dealer, ive really scuffed one of mine and they've quoted me £75 to fix it and its much worse than yours and look at my style of wheels (Ive even taken the black paint off) and I didnt think it was a bad price from a stealer as my mates got a friend who quoted me the best part of £100 to fix it!

Mate try your local Audi dealer, ive really scuffed one of mine and they've quoted me £75 to fix it and its much worse than yours and look at my style of wheels (Ive even taken the black paint off) and I didnt think it was a bad price from a stealer as my mates got a friend who quoted me the best part of £100 to fix it!
That's actually a very reasonable price.

As other's have said, you'll need a wheel refurbishment shop who can diamond cut the wheels and then re-lacquer if you want it 100%.

However, the damage doesn't actually look that bad. If you were to remove the scuffed metal you may find that with some fine wet/dry sandpaper, wetted down, you could polish that back to smooth metal again to improve the appearance. This will leave the alloy exposed to the elements and invite corrosion, but you could polish and seal the wheel (e.g. Poorboys) to prevent this or apply clear lacquer to the repaired section to protect it.

Failing that Lepsons (http://www.lepsons.com/) will definitely be able to help. They're true professionals with excellent customer service to boot.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll ping my local dealer first - the most convenient option as I need to get my airbag recall done as well.

Once fixed, think I'll get some spare alloys as well. Quite fancy some BBS CH-Rs.