Fixing My A6 C5 Cluster Lcd

cwhi4285

Audi A6 C5 2.5 TDI V6
Reaction score
Hello Audi nuts,

A common fault with Audis of this age, I have significant pixel loss on my A6 2.5 TDI v6 dash , to the point I really struggle to read what is written.

Does anyone in the London area offer a fix for this at a reasonable price in the London area?

I bought a cheap replacement dash, but can't replace as the cluster is not compatible with my car.

I don't mind if the existing LCD is fixed, or a new one added. Just want to be able to read what is being displayed ;-)

Cheers guys

There are a few companies on ebay that offer the service but you do have to send your cluster to them. Or if you good with the soldering iron then it's a DIY job. I replaced the LCD on my B5 A4 (got a new LCD off ebay) and it's been working fine now for over a year.

There are a few companies on ebay that offer the service but you do have to send your cluster to them. Or if you good with the soldering iron then it's a DIY job. I replaced the LCD on my B5 A4 (got a new LCD off ebay) and it's been working fine now for over a year.
Just to add to this, desoldering the old and reattaching the new ribbon cable really isn't for the inexperienced, there's a very fine line between applying enough heat to do the job and damaging the components. Also there are some components in there that are sensitive to static so you need to be aware of how to ground/earth yourself to dissipate static otherwise you'll fry your cluster.

Hello Audi nuts,

A common fault with Audis of this age, I have significant pixel loss on my A6 2.5 TDI v6 dash , to the point I really struggle to read what is written.

Does anyone in the London area offer a fix for this at a reasonable price in the London area?

I bought a cheap replacement dash, but can't replace as the cluster is not compatible with my car.

I don't mind if the existing LCD is fixed, or a new one added. Just want to be able to read what is being displayed ;-)

Cheers guys
What is wrong with the new cluster ? It can still be programmed as long as it's not a petrol dash...

Reactions: Arrkon