1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fitting xenon headlights.

neil ratcliffe Oct 28, 2018

1. neil ratcliffe

neil ratcliffe coupe rebuild master

hi folks ive just purchased a set of oem xenon head lights iam whare that you need the adaptor lead for them. do they have drl. in them and also ive been told that they need coding for the main beam to work?.
    can anyone give me any advice please.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

For DRLs they use the side lights.

4. neil ratcliffe

ok so its only got the side light in the inner part of the headlight.?

5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

err no, I think you'll find the drl's are separate from side lights in the xenons, when I changed my side light and drl's to one single led unit I was left with an empty hole in the headlamp housing, well that's what I remember but I may be wrong.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  6. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

For B7s with xenon headlamps – the halogen headlight housing does not have a DRL bulb (the high beams are located in the halogen housings where the DRL goes in the xenon housings). If you want to do a similar mod for your B7 equipped with halogen headlights, you’ll want to replace the city lights instead of the DRL bulbs – they’re the smaller bulb located in the upper corner of the inner housing of the headlight

My xenons came with 3 bulbs. HID / sidelight lamp and drl lamp.

7. neil ratcliffe

hi thank you for the reply the xenons have arived and some one has taken it upon them selves to reove one of the drl buld holders and the other has been bodged very badly just looking for some replacement bulb holders to reinstate the drl.