Fitting Towbar To S3 - Have Towbar Need Info

Pete20vt

Supermoto Junkie
Reaction score
Have got one of these:

westfaliadetachable.jpg

Before i go pulling my bumper off, am i going to find holes under the car to bolt it to or am i going to have to drill my own? Had a quick look under the car earlier but cannot see anything other than the exhaust box and exhaust heatshield, do they have to be removed? Does the towbar replace the crash bar?

Anyone have any pics?

The car is a 2003 S3.

Last edited:
Holes should be there as it's a standard A3 chassis member you bolt it to.

Cheers,

Yeah, I fitted one to my std a3 (non quatty). The entire unit replaces the crash bar beam which fits behind your bumper, and the side bars slot down your rear subframe either side, and then there are two bolts which come in from the side and bolt through the nut welded on to the unit. You may have to take off your wheels to gain access to the bolt holes as they are quite inaccessible in the wheel well.

Also now I have a quatty, I don't think I can use my existing fwd version, so where did you get yours, and for how much?

Cheers,
Kave

Cheers for the info, fitted like a glove with no bumper cutting at all and is completely hidden from view when not in use. Can highly recommend the Westfalia for the S3.

Does anyone know if a tow bar from any other VAG will fit on a S3.

Nathan

Golf Mk4 v6 4 motion is the same fitment

I'd stick with the right fitment if i were you. Surely if the Golf kit fitted then it would be listed along side the S3.

it is the same fitment. Its the same chasis as the S3. The part numbers are the same too