fitting the v6 2.5 diesel engine into a project

Rob Howard

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Little help needed! I am after a v6 engine to fit in my project and was wanting some help on which engine to go for? which would be the simplest to fit and make run with the least amount of modern electrics? Its going to be mid engine so will want to use a FWD gearbox. I plan to buy a complete car so will have all the parts needed for the conversion.

Rob

Best would be to get a BAU/BDG or BDH engine but to fit the injector pump and ECU from the early allroad v6 tdi. Good potential for up to 400 Bhp with a big *** turbo and large nozzles + ported cylinder heads...

Thanks Adam, so the early allroad V6 TDI what model/years are they found in? is the injector pump an easy bolt in job or custom fitting? sorry new to Audi! so dont know a lot about the model range? Rob

Early allroad 2000/2001 had a 3 plunger pump, however the engine suffers from c wear. Later BAU/BDH/BDG engines have cam roller cylinder heads and a touch more reliable. I would get a later engine and swap the hollow cams to solid cams then you have a pretty bulletproof engine. If you're after a souped up engine i have a proven 303Bhp/680NM engine from my old a6 avant. That was with a stock 2 plunger pump and hybrid turbo. Drop me an email if interested... Engine is a fully blueprinted BDH 180 Bhp and had solid genuine cams fitted + a full rebuild 2 years ago...

thanks again, so sorting the electrics ecu etc to get it run in another non audi car? how or who do I talk to for info? will give your engine some thought as it does sound very interesting! I am also needing a fwd gearbox so any info on which model to get?

You will need a DQS gearbox from the FWD audi a4 b5 or better a FWD gearbox from a BDG engines cabriolet or a4 estate. You can also fit a Fwd 1.9 tdi gearbox however they are a bit weak and suffer from diff bearing issues.
Getting the engine running is quite easy, you need a immo delete to get it started and the ecu and wiring loom from the donor car. What will you be running the car for, track or drag racing ? If drag raving then the gearbox will need to be from the later models and make sure you don't run a single mass flywheel. Clutch wise a sachs SrE jobbie will take 500-600 Nm with ease, DMF will strugle though !

Hi new member here how much would you be wanting for the engine and would you fit