Fitting RS6(2002-2005) anti-roll bars to 2001 Allroad

skyegtb

Reaction score
Fitting RS6(2002-2005) anti-roll bars to 2001 Allroad

I recentlyfitted a set of RS6 anti-roll bars to my Allroad to upgrade the standard barsthat were on the car. Here are my observations:

The frontbars are identical in shape and size yet have different part numbers. One must assume the RS6 ones are perhapsstiffer? The rear bars are verydifferent. The Allroad bar is around 25%thinner than the RS6 equivalent and has a slightly different shape to accountfor the Allroad’s air compressor.

Fitting: The front bar is a straight swap; you can usethe existing mounting clamps and bushes if you want. The rear bar requires the RS6 bushes but theclamps are the same between Allroad and RS6. The point of note with the rear bar is that it will make slight contactwith the air compressor which results in a rattling noise from the rear of thecar whenever the compressor is running. My compressor is nearly new and I did not like the idea of the barcontacting with the compressor and causing this vibration so the simplesolution was to take a 4 inch length of plumbing pipe insulation tube and cabletying it to the bar near the compressor. After doing this the rattling noise has gone. For info the contact between the bar and thecompressor is only very slight and I doubt there is any chance of damage to thecompressor so long as there is some padding between the two.

Here aresome pictures of the installed bars:
http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/...001%20Allroad/

I have fitted a rs6 rear arb last year on my allroad, apart from the slight rattle i cannot fault it. I did not upgrade the front ARB as i did not find it stiff enough for the walowy ride of the allroad so i did get a Eibach 32mm ARB (curently fitted to my b5 quattro) and a H&R ARB off a rs4. Did not fitted the front as yet as i mainly use the car for towing dutties and i don't call the allroad sporty in no instance !
However the allroad rides nice on 20" s8 alloys and feels much more planted with the rear ARB upgrade.
I also have a c5 a6 quattro(fjtwelve's old project !) and bought the same roll bar to replace the sports 20mm one allready fitted at the factory. I have very little time for my projects but i will fit them soon...Only done the rear Eibach springs and genuine Sachs shocks which were replacing a set of aging Koni FSD- nothing wrong with them but too soft for my liking.
I will report back when i have them fitted as the car is nowere sporty and the chassis has trouble putting the 270-300 Bhp the engine outputs at the moment !

Thanks for the info! Your 300bhp car sounds something special -is there a thread on here about it? I also have S8 alloys, but the 19" variety with 245/40 tyres and that combined with the RS6 bars gives a really nice planted ride on the Allroad, more than adequate for the type of driving I do in that car. I have recently gutted the pre and secondary cats on this car and am next going to get a remap, hoping for 210bhp+ so will report back myself after the mapping.

Do a search for a6 turbochip and here's pictures of my allroad, still a work in progress though !
DSCF3753.jpg

DSCF3754.jpg

DSCF3755.jpg

DSCF3944.jpg

DSCF3946.jpg

DSCF3945.jpg