Fitting rear ARB bushes

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
omg what an **** of a job!! i decided to embark on this little job on Sat afternoon, 3 hours later.....

what i would say is it would have been easier if i had some ratchet spanners instead of 4 different sized ratchet handles which were either too long or too short...i ended up nicking a mates snap on spanner to undo the evasive two nuts per bush....turning 1/6th at a time, took me ages!!! thats after having to unscrew the 10mm nuts which holds the exhaust heat shield to the ARB bracket whilst dodging the exhaust... once off i found myself having to jack up the hub of the wheel with another jack so the bush aligned up, then having to tighten whilst clamping the bracket to the car with some variable plier thingys.... anyway its done now but i would seriously urge anyone to pay a garage an hours labour to save the hassle - just hope the fronts are easier than the backs!!

Tim

u gotta be kidding i was planning to do mine, i m not concerned about how long it takes as long as its straight forward & easily achieveable.

i think its like the thermostat job....easy IF you have a wide selection of tools

worthy note, the passenger side was slightly easier than the drivers, problem being if your ratchet is too small you wont get any leverage, too long (standard size and bigger) your gonna hit the shock

good luck :)

spanner sizes required are 10mm and long extension for heat shield, 13mm for brackets which you wont need any extension

You just brought back the bad memories of doing these in the summer when i changed my rear ARB.

Pain.In.The.*** lol

:( boo!!
i gotta do mine soon, except im going all out and replacing springs, both arbs, and all bushes
putting aside a whole weekend for that lol

luckily for me i got a massive toolbox full of tools at work and so has my mate so i can bring those home any time, so hopefully i should have the tools to make it easier

thats the key mate..... i ended up having 8 13mm tools and only one did the job, albeit not as easy as it could have been

any word on the fronts.... anyone?

Fronts I did really quickly if I remember rightly, still awkward but easier than the back iirc

really?
looking i would have said the back to be easier than the fronts
not that i dont believe you of course :)