Fitting new pressure switch for air con tomorrow

racingcar64

Reaction score
hi all,

I have just bought a new air con pressure switch, opened the bonnet today and saw its slightly under the drivers headlight. Read up on how to take out headlight( without bumper removal) and I think I have got that. I know there are 2 torx no.30 and 1 hidden down the long hole, also no.30.

All I need to know is is the pressure switch a simple unthread and then thread the new one in?

Hopefully some lovely cold air tomorrow will follow!!!

Yup its on a ball valve so just unscrew 'carefully' and it should seal.
Mind the ball joint on the head lamp...stops you pulling it straight out and need a gentle pry...

Thanks....fingers crossed I can take the headlight out without removing the bumper.

Everything went perfect....except inhave got the wrong pressure switch, even though it was the one listed for my car... Can anybody tell me where to get one from?

I have found this one on gsf parts, i can pick one up tomorrow. looks like same connection for the wires, but slightly different shape!!! will this be ok.? GSF list 2 diffeent ones for my car. the one i have is the other one they have listed....
http://www.gsfcarparts.com/268vg0040

i am so confused,,pics attached.....any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 891
  • IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 479
Bet you were given one with 4 prongs?
3 Pin D connector should be part number

8E0 959 126

8E0 959 126 B

8E0 959 126 C

3R0 959 126

Found on similar year A4, TT and a whole load of other VAG stuff Seat, VW etc...

TPS or any VAG parts shop

Yes I was given the square ish 4 prong one! Got
One from gsf parts picking it up tomorrow...it's looks slightly different in shape, but I suppose as long as the thread is all the same and the connector, it shouldn't matter....I spoke to Audi and they said the the first part number on your list, is superceded by the others, the one starting 3RO is the most recent, so i imagine they are all the same fitting? Thanks...

Finally I have cold air!!! Really cold air...3 different parts later, got the right one from a tps.... Genuine part.

Reactions: Arrkon