Fitting mirror caps - helpful guides?

Riko0073

Reaction score
Hey guys

I’ve tried searching the wonderful web/YouTube to find a guide for fitting mirror caps to the A/S4 but can’t find anything for the B9.

I’ve also got to fit a new indicator strip light as picked up a stone chip in drivers side.

Anyone have a useful guide please for easy removal as have my new carbon fibre caps to fit.

I know how to get the mirror out carefully but various screws etc inside and not easy to see what’s connected to what!

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Keef
I got the dealers to do mine prior to collection, but im sure i recall seeing a guide somewhere!
I'll try and track it down and post for you later....

Edit, got it!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/diy-s4-mirror-caps-2911146/

For me the worse bit would be the glass, if you break it = mega bucks!
For the normal (non-dimming) glass it's only £50 inc VAT from the dealer... I had to replace mine in June...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef and Riko0073
I imagine the glass is pretty difficult to break.

I had an someone try and squeeze past my B7 with enough speed to obliterate my door mirror; didn't stop either. Before setting off after him, I saw the mirror glass was still left dangling by the wiring so I opened the door and scooped up all the parts. I pulled him over after following him into a one-way street the wrong way and seeing a couple in the car that were well into their 70's, went all polite on them.

Anyway, the chap said he had no idea he'd removed the mirror, apologised and gave me his number saying he'd happily pay for the repair and then asked me directions. Once I got home, I had a look at my parts collection. The mirror glass wasn't damaged, in fact even the painted mirror housing looked unscratched as well, so I thought I'd have a go at fixing it myself. With a click here and there, not only did it all go back together, but it actually worked too!

I called the chap to let him know I wouldn't be sending a bill too and strangely felt like I done a good deed for the day :)

Well the guide was a great help but it was still a bloomin fiddly job!!

No problem removing the glass but getting the plastic surround off was very difficult.

Also getting the new OEM carbon fibre cap to line up was surprisingly hard but got there in the end.

Started p*ssing down half way through the job and took me about 30-40 mins to do both sides.

Really pleased with how they look, will take some pics once I’ve also fitted the Carbon front lip when it’s dry.

Cheers all.