Fitting HID conversion kit with DRL headlights

jason_

Reaction score
Hello

Looking to order these headlights for my A3
AUDI A3 2003-2008 8P1 HATCHBACK BLACK DRL LIGHT STRIP PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS PAIR | eBay

Was just wondering if it's possible to fit them with a HID conversion kit (on the dimmed lights)?

Also could you recommend a good HID kit. Not even sure what price range I should be looking at as there's such a huge price gap between cheapest and dearest.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for the duplicate post but was told I initially put this in the wrong section

Wiper motor? Mine hasn't got one, it's a 2004 reg..

i have those exactly headlights in my room right now. waiting for a reply from WellDone about getting a kit and fitting it, before going onto the car.

Thanks for the input, JJ

Do let us know how it goes, and which kit you decide to go with :)

In the mean time, I did get a response from one of the headlight retailers on ebay regarding the same question:

"hi, yes its exactly the same, they take h7 bulbs for the dipped beam, ebay item number 350936131971 will fit and work fine in these lights, its probably easyer to fit the hid kit to the lights before you fit them, get it all in at the same time, once the lights are in the car it can sometimes be quite fiddly getting the bulbs and wires in, if you want to call and pay over the phone i can do you a bit of discount on the HID kit if you buy them at the same time as the lights.
regadrs paul"

I've sent him another email, asking why there's such a huge price difference between the cheapest and most expensive HID kits. They range between £30 and £300. Any ideas guys? What sort of price range should I be looking at?

Do not buy HID's. Buy the headlights only, they will blow ur wiper motor lol.
Do some forum searches

Didn't you just say you're getting a hid kit from WellDone?

Didn't you just say you're getting a hid kit from WellDone?

Yes. Only original audi ballasts dont blow your wipers. Welldone use these ballasts and supply as a fitting kit.
Buy what you like mate, the welldone ones are under 200 quid, u can buy alot of kits for like 30 quid. Up to you

Ok, clearly there was a misunderstanding - I thought you meant that ALL hid kits will blow the wiper motor.

Of course I won't buy the £30 on a kit, was just wondering what could explain the huge price difference but it's starting to make more sense now.

Btw, is the original audi ballasts what they refer to as OEM in hid kits?