Fitting Forge Twintake Today - will report back later with pics etc....

Denty

Reaction score
Watch this space........

Nice one! Watching with interest as this is the intake my tuner has recommended for my car. Looking forward to hear how it goes today, dude. :)

Paula x

nay probs...

im actually gonna clean my engine bay afterwards...never done that b4....

can't wait to see this mod have been seriously debating it against the evoms let us all know your thoughts.

Ok here we go then:-

Fitting: Very easy! hardest bit was getting the hose pipe clamp off the original turbo inlet pipe...i used some super grippers in the end after getting a bit stressed...! took 1.45hrs to fit it, this was at a v leisurely trot and im not exactly a vag mastertechnician or whatever there calling them these days...:shrug:do know my way around a car tho due to the mk1 golfs....:drag::thumbsup:

Looks: great, undecided if im going to fit the forge stickers on the filter cans....i'll sleep on it fior a while and see how i feel..

Performance: AMAZING!! quicker all thorough the rev range and sounds quality...not over the top with normal driving but put you foot down you can hear the engine is pulling in way more air....when u change gear you get a lovley WHOOSHHH, but nothiung chavy! quality bit of kit. Recomended. Mate has got an evoms, this is way better! imo....

Got it from dpm, £310 including postage.

Check the pics and let me know what u think...I much prefer the engine bay without the massive / heavy plastic cover....actually looks like an engine now! i prefer the purposeful look on my cars...

Before (not my actual car as forgot to take pic but the same, mine was never this clean.....

enginebay.jpg

& after, bay needs cleaning still...

DSCF2405.jpg

DSCF2404.jpg

DSCF2403.jpg

DSCF2398.jpg

s3back.jpg

DSCF2406.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

Let me know what u think people! she really feels like she has new lungs!!

cheers,

:w00t:

Last edited:
THAT looks totally awesome! Think my mind has been made up on this one, ..thanks for posting your pics and review!! :)

Paula x

no problemo, defo get one! takes about 2 weeks to get delivered tho...but that cool!

looks great stickman :icon_thumright: has now been added to my mods list

Looks really good, My 1.8TFSI engine bay looks very similar to your pics, engine covers different and not integrated into the airbox but im certain the 2.0TFSI (non s3) that use the KO3 share the same intake as mine, they look almost identical in lay out and size plus the turbo i assume is the same as the 2.0TFSI 197BHP, I could probably try out a twin intake on mine and then head in for a remap.

Either way maybe someone could shed some light on that matter, but that does look really good dude ;)

Dude, how did you manage to get it from DPM for 310.00 GBP when they list it on their website for 331.92 GBP + 9.95 GBP postage? Did you use a discount code or something? Great price! :)

Paula x

I simply asked what would be the cheapest they could do it for with no haggling...! Ring up, Damien from dpm is a good guy it seems.

Last edited:
Drove a huindred mile+ today with the twintake...it effing rocks in every way!!

a CAI makes such a difference doesnt it!
now to get the car lowered ;)

yep, coilovers next...:salute:

oh yea my clutch is slipping a bit now Jungleman, can you tell me the parts i need and best place to buy etc...W Ldn Audi after a little bit of arm twisting have offered to fit any clutch of my choice for £500...:yes: good price? i think so..

Last edited:
Not sure, cant decide...may be weitecs? So where shall i get my clutch from man?

good coilovers those, well when you want to get some, let me know as i have a contact that may be able to help you out with a decent price
well there is a group buy going on over on VAGOC run by APS VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk thats where i got mine and was a very good price also had mine fitted by them, but i reckon AMD will charge about the same

if your wanting a new DMF i got mine from here: Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By was about the cheapest i could find but youll need a release bearing as well which they also do

Cheers for the reply, thats wicked thks, Will drop u a pm when ready for the coilies:happy:

I simply asked what would be the cheapest they could do it for with no haggling...! Ring up, Damien from dpm is a good guy it seems.

Aw you're a champ, thanks Bud! Will do just that and see if they can do me the same deal! :)

Paula x

Got in touch with Damian at DPM yesterday and he's very kindly giving me the exact same great deal on a Forge Twintake as he gave Denty, 310.00 GBP delivered. Thanks again for the tip! :)

Paulie x

Good write up mate.
I'm getting one for my S3 as well.
Looking forward to installing it and the benefits!
Quality piece of kit. Just in terms of looks alone, it's worth it over an Evoms or VF in my opinion.

UPDATE: When fitting the silicon hose to the actual turbo itself make sure the jubille clamp is VERY tight and in the correct position around the turbo hole as mine worked its way loose...got to it before it popped off but the jubille clip had shifted upwards almost off the turbo housing. All ok now tho.:respekt: could have bee nasty...sucking in god knows what:keule: so glad i got to it before it came off completly. Thats why whenever i fit anything to my car i always check for things working loose in the following weeks / months after the install...TOP TIP!

nice write up!

i've had this intake ever since it was available local in south africa..
changed from a forge single intake to this!!

I'd recommend using the constant tension spring clip that comes on the OEM pipe.

Reason being, if you think of the heat expansion the jubilee clip will always expand. I only realised on my ITG when I was cleaning the engine bay and the pipe just popped off. As you can't see it cosmetically it doesn't matter it doesn't match.

Can heartily recommend this approach as in a year I've had no further problems, and it's not good having the the pipe pop off as any dust or crap sucked in whilst the turbo is spinning could pit the turbo veins.

ive not had any problems with clips on my Evoms, had it on a year and only checked it when i was wrapping my CAI

Thanks for the tips Denty and Warren.
I'll be sure to look out for this when I install mine.

Warren, it's hard to re-use the constant tension OEM clips isn't it?
Best to order a new one for this join?

Warren, it's hard to re-use the constant tension OEM clips isn't it?
Best to order a new one for this join?

You need a spacial tool to make them easier to use. Laser tools do a tool that works specifically with these, and they are like large pliers with cups on the end. If you let the constant spring clip compress on itself (e.g sat unused for a period of time), they get very hard to put back on, I had to stretch mine rround a glass jar to it's original size. I used mole grips and whilst a PITA, it still worked.

The beauty of the constant tension spring clip is it's always tensioned no matter what temperature it is subjected to as it expands and contracts to suit no matter what thermal expansion is subjected elsewhere.

Other tip is to thouroughly clean the top of the turbo unit with a degreasing agent before connecting this pipe to get the best possible seal between it and the pipe. Mine had quite a bit of dirt on it which could cause the pipe to slip off.

May be worth ordering a new OEM clip just to be safe, they're not expensive.

Thanks mate.
Do you need the special tool to get a new clip on or are they much easier to apply if they have never been used before?

Thanks mate.
Do you need the special tool to get a new clip on or are they much easier to apply if they have never been used before?

I haven't seen how Audi supply them, but mine had been sat about for about a year and was quite compressed. They're very strong, and the small lugs make them very difficult to get a grip on with mole grips and the mole grips don't grip the single lug end well.

Problem with the tool is that it would be something you'd use a very limited number of times, but it's not a great space to work in so mole grips and cumbersome.

It is VERY fiddly as there is just no space to work....took me ages to get the oem clamp off. Im gonna try n put the oem clamp back on - if i cant manage im just going to keep a close eye on it with the jubille

Cheers for the advice Warren

Have you checked the (LTFT) Long Term Fuel Trims on the new Forge Intake?

Cant go with wrong with Damian@dpm, top bloke, also does coily's so maybe worth belling him 1st as repeat business will always sort a good deal for you iirc.

Why doesn't the S3 kit come with a heat shield?
What is the different between our kit and others in terms of this heat shield?
Is there another kit we can order that will fit and include the heat shield?

Has anybody wondered about how hot the Forge Twintake gets under the hood.
After just 20 minutes of normal driving, I pop the hood and my Twintake is very hot.
The canisters, the metal induction boxes, etc.
I can't help but think it needs some form of protection from engine heat like you get on the ITG, VF engineering ,etc.
As you probably know, all of those kits create a form of cold air inclosure around the filters.

I know this is what the carbon fibre canisters are meant to do around the Twintake intakes, but they are very hot to touch.

Hi guys - greets from Austria :)

Correct - without the heat shield the pipe is getting too warm cause of the turbo heat - so i made a heatshield by myself for the twintake:

picScaler2.php

picScaler2.php

picScaler2.php

audi4ever :)

Looks really nice mate, well done.
I asked for a heat shield with mine and Forge themselves sent it out direct to me (even though I purchased from orangetuning).
Mine is silver though, need to paint it black like yours.

Good call on the TTS cover ;)
Just need an R8 oil cap to finish off the engine bay nicely.