Fitting fl s3 steering wheel into prefl (no virtual cockpit)

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hi guys,

Does anyone know if the Audi Rs3 facelift steering wheel can be retrofit on a prefl car with no issues?

The ones I’ve found on eBay have airbags but they have a “view” button for the virtual cockpit which means I’d not be able to switch between the settings on my DIS. To get around this I’ve found the following cable but it is for retrofitting the TTRS wheel but looks to perform the same function....could anyone confirm?

£85.02 | Multifunction Steering Wheel Button Control Simulator Adapter For Audi A4 A5 B8 A6 C7 install TT TTRS Steering Wheel
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b0mogILR

Maybe @DJAlix can help? :)

I think the only way to answer the button question is to ask DJ Alix.

As a matter of interest, why do you want to fit an fl wheel? Unless you have one with a different finish such as carbon, the only difference is the smaller airbag.

I think the only way to answer the button question is to ask DJ Alix.

As a matter of interest, why do you want to fit an fl wheel? Unless you have one with a different finish such as carbon, the only difference is the smaller airbag.

I just prefer the smaller airbag and the bottom section really. I’m hoping it wouldn’t cost much to change it if I was to sell my old wheel and replace with new, eBay prices seem similar for the two.

I’ve just noticed that the EU market and USA market get the RS3 without virtual cockpit as an option, and looking at the wheels on those cars the view button is replaced with the prefl menu button, so it may be cheaper/easier to change the wheel to one of those. It’s just sourcing one...

I am not sure about the US market, but I always thought the EU market fl has virtual cockpit as standard.