1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fitting engine cover around intake

waring192 May 9, 2010

1. waring192

waring192 Member

As many of you know I now have gone stage 2+ which leaves the engine bay looking rather messy.

No keen on the Evoms cover at all so im going to go about cutting up a oem cover. Been searching and it looks like I can use either:

S3/Cupra cover
    FSI cover

Was bidding on one but internet died in the last 10 min so missed it, very angry as it only went for £50! There is a couple on ebay at the moment but they are priced at £150 BIN.

So two things:

Which parts need cutting too make it fit? Airbox by the looks?

Anyone want to sell me there cover?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Mattandrew has cut his engine cover to fit around his intake - he did a thread on it!

You just have to cut the top and right hand side of the intake, smooth it down and make it look presentable!

Luckily enough for me, when my coilpack went, the RAC man broke my engine cover :) so I got a brand new one from them including MAF and air filter so I will be using the broken one once I go for the intake :)

4. waring192

waring192 Member

Found the thread on it last night. Dont have a angle grinder so it will be a long job!

Still annoyed that I missed the cupra cover on ebay. If anyone sees one for a good price please let me know!

5. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Moderator VCDS Map User

TT-S / TTRS engine covers also fit.

Usually Cupra ones go on the bay used for about £35, and the badges on the top can be swapped over.

Will the engine cover just hold heat in??

6. Haz1

Haz1 Member

TTRS doesn't have an engine cover and the TTS engine cover may fit but someone needs to confirm that. Might ask Audi for the price of the TTS cover :blink:

7. S3-Dan

S3-Dan Quattro

a little off topic but fancy selling the spare MAF sensor ?it is the sensor u mean right ?

8. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

It is the sensor - I have put the new one in my car so have a good, used one as well but I want to keep it as a spare however. Sorry.

9. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

I'm pretty sure it's been conformed that the TTS cover doesnt fit as it has different attachment points. Not sure it's been fully looked into modding / adding the correct attachment points as i believe they're seperate pieces?.

10. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

you should try fitting a 2007 A4 engine cover you do need to order different brackets thou, but they bold right up to stock OEM engine location or try the TTS cover

here is a picture of mine when i had a intake on the car

[​IMG]

11. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

hummmmm.... i wonder if my old man would notice if i stole his A4 engine cover haha :p

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. waring192

waring192 Member

Looks better but my OSD would kick in with the Audi symbol etc at 90 degrees!

Just bought a s3 cover of a fello member so fitting should start soon.

14. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

ooo nice!!
    when i fit my intake this week, im gonna take my cover into the workshop at uni and see if i can somehow fabricate another, maybe see if i can cast it in aluminium or get one milled haha

15. Haz1

Haz1 Member

I might have one since I took my orginial airfitler off, what does it look like?

16. waring192

waring192 Member

Might be able to help you out!

17. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

Waring - how much did u pay for the cover if you don't mind me asking?

18. waring192

waring192 Member

£60 pound. They go on ebay for around the price. Dont pay £150 for the ones on it at the moment!

19. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

Cheers - good price that! I will need to get on the case when i get the ITG next month.

Must be lovely to be able to buy a new car and get to stage 2+ and be looking at sorting the suspension all in the same month! :anbet:

20. waring192

waring192 Member

Well its done! First ever go with a Dremel, great little thing!

Cheers to Mattandrew for the photos and Seeb for the cover!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. jsws3

jsws3 Member

looking good mate .
    but i think you should cut your milltek off and give it to me lol

22. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

that looks good! Was that just with a dremel? Need to have a go at drilling mine down to fit now, will use that pic as a template.

23. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Looking good! Nice job!

24. Haz1

Haz1 Member

That's looking really good, well I should 've kept the cover lol. But I have something else planned, will let you know in time, probably middle of next week.

25. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

What u got planned Seeb im intrigued? Don't you have exams coming up soon!
    looking fwd to next meet /road test ;-)

26. Shane.

Shane. Member

What Intakes that out of interest?

Thanks
    Shane

27. Haz1

Haz1 Member

Its nothing major at all :happy: