fitting coilovers

sickoA4

Reaction score
Hi everybody iv baught my self some budget coilovers to remove the 4x4 look they are the jom ones i know there is mixed reviews on these but i will just be happy that it is lower haha but does anything else need replacing when fitting i would rather not when iv only got cheap coilovers but if it needs doing then il have to :keule:cheers in advance guys

If your removing your old struts via the pinch bolt then you will need to replaced them because you will knacker it removing it unless you get lucky and it come out easy but it won't .. There are other ways to remove struts without undoing the pinch bolt ..

Cheers pal how about any of the bushs nothing feels gone but will the coilovers effect them :redrs4:

I'd renew the lot if you planning on keeping it but it's about £400 for all the arms so depending if it's in your price range

Bushes and ball joints you can check when you've got it in bits .. And because your lowering it it's harder on the ball joints and bushes but it's all part of the modding seen

Deffo replace your drop links they don't last long lowered

Coilovers can be fitted without removing the pinch bolt if the whole upright is removed from the car.

Always best renewing spring plates & top mounts if you are doing suspension work.

Cheers guys will be fitting them tomorow the whole upright will be removed so no need for pinch bolts but do you guys just recomened replacing drop links and top mounts and spring plates and replace bushs as when required on inspection

No need to replace spring plate as your getting coilovers and they don't have them.
Top mounts are the main one as this way you won't have to take the coilover back off