Fitting coilovers to B8 with adaptive suspension?

bhodgkiss

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a B8 3.0tdi Avant with the adaptive suspension (ADS?) - it has the sensors on the damper bodies

Can I simply swap this for standard coilovers please? I presume it'd throw up an error code I can bypass with vcds or adding small resistors?

Any mechanical installation differences?

Thanks

I believe it would need to be coded out, KW do adaptive shocks on the top level set of their coilovers, however they do not (as far as I know) integrate with the audi system, it would be an aftermarket solution, so would still need coding.
Have you considered springs like the H&R sports? It may make the ride harsher, but in comfort should be fair :)

Can I ask why you would want to switch away from the Audi ADS and fit coilovers?

Can I ask why you would want to switch away from the Audi ADS and fit coilovers?

I suspect they want to be super low :)
actually the reason I have purposely bought 2 Audi's now without Adaptive suspension, because I know I will always want to lower it and know that it is a real pain getting around the adaptive shocks.

It's a 200k mile car, so thinking they need changing, and then coilovers to get the ride height I want at the same time.
So to replace standard ads shocks is my only option to buy genuine from audi? I presume that costs a fortune?

I have an awful memory so may be wrong here but I don’t think the ADS shocks were too bad a price. Ask Creweaudiparts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the dynamic shock system is £5k to get fixed/replaced when it goes breast skywards. And it will go at some point. With a top spec coilover sytem costing £1700 and offering probably better performance in alot of ways... So glad my car doesn't have it.