Fitting Bose speakers and amp

Ragnar23

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking into fitting the Audi Bose system to my a4 cab, I can get the speakers and amp no problem but my question is does anyone know if the wiring loom was factory fitted or will I need to get the loom?

Also if it’s not factory fitted will it need to go to the head unit or is it terminated under the rear seats somewhere?

And if anyone has the part number and cost for the loom if needed please let me know them.

And one more, if you’ve fitted one of these before what was the difference in your opinion?

Cheers.

No idea but I've got all the bose speakers and a double din cage with rns-d if it's any good to you, just drop us a pm.

Hi all,

Been looking into fitting the Audi Bose system to my a4 cab, I can get the speakers and amp no problem but my question is does anyone know if the wiring loom was factory fitted or will I need to get the loom?

Also if it’s not factory fitted will it need to go to the head unit or is it terminated under the rear seats somewhere?

And if anyone has the part number and cost for the loom if needed please let me know them.

And one more, if you’ve fitted one of these before what was the difference in your opinion?

Cheers.
It has come up before, you need the loom as well and the general consensus was that it wasn't that much better to be bothered with it, but everyone has their own opinion, right?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bose is better & no there are no looms, you would have to make them.

Would the Bose speakers work without the Bose amp? I believe the cabs have a amp for the rears anyway?

No, different impedance on the speakers.

It's often seen as too much of a headache for the Bose upgrade, which can be similarly achieved by simply upgrading the headunit and speakers along with an amp. But each to their own.

I have Bose in my B6 - it's not that great imho - and the sat nav was always a laugh. Waste on my money.
I'm considering an upgrade to one of the Pioneer DAB setups.