Fitting BOSE speaker covers

WALTO TDI

Reaction score
Hi All, how easy is it to fit the bose speaker covers to the front speakers on an 8P?

anybody done an idiots guide?

cheers

Very easy just use small flat head screwdriver lightly prise the old speakers out using each corner as guide where the clips are, once you have the first couple out should pull of and new ones just click in.

correct - thats why the speakers were sourced first, just couldnt get a set of covers for a decent price until today

you retrofitted Bose? why i ask seriously why?
if i didnt have Bose on the car i would happily rip out the crap there and replace with a decent system, but im stuck with Bose which is a PITA to take out so i just live with it. yes its not that bad now that i have my Pioneer unit in there but still

Very easy just use small flat head screwdriver lightly prise the old speakers out using each corner as guide where the clips are, once you have the first couple out should pull of and new ones just click in.

Don't think so. The speaker grills are welded to the door card. You need to remove the door card and heat up the plastic welds or cut them out, then the new grills installed and hotglued in place.

Don't think so. The speaker grills are welded to the door card. You need to remove the door card and heat up the plastic welds or cut them out, then the new grills installed and hotglued in place.

Well mine clicked straight out using this method.

you retrofitted Bose? why i ask seriously why?
if i didnt have Bose on the car i would happily rip out the crap there and replace with a decent system, but im stuck with Bose which is a PITA to take out so i just live with it. yes its not that bad now that i have my Pioneer unit in there but still

Why don't you like it mate? It sounds well, at least it did to my ears anyway..

yh its not bad, but i have heard loads better from custom systems... the base line on a Bose system is beyond crap... but its just too much work to take it out so i just havent bothered. i would have preferred a better component system with a sharper 8" or 10" sub but then it wouldnt be stealth which is another reason i am leaving it put. besides there are loads of other things on the car that i could spend that money on.

I dont have Bose and i think the OEM system is brilliant!

Reactions: fateman
why is bose so hare to remove
iv removed a few standard and bose no problem at all
speakers come out bose amp stays where it is but unpluged ???

Wrong they just clip out, unless the older stuff is different!?

Actually I cant fully recall, but 3dr clicks out for sure as done some for mates, but I'm sure on my SB the plastic is melted in place to hold steady, I'll check if it was the SB as the door card was of for glass, swear it was.

yh its not bad, but i have heard loads better from custom systems... the base line on a Bose system is beyond crap...

Have you not had the settings changed in VCDS from effectly a leather seat configuration to a fabric one? it made a hugh difference on the TT lots more bass.
IH

Have you not had the settings changed in VCDS from effectly a leather seat configuration to a fabric one? it made a hugh difference on the TT lots more bass.
IH

that wouldnt matter on mine as i no longer have an Audi Headunit on the car so the bose sounds much better than standard... but that does not change the fact that the Bose subs are plastic crappy subs in a even more crappy enclosure. hence the bassline being crap

IH

LOL

im going to have this done!

Those silver strips that say Bose just slide out don't they? I'm sure I had them off in my car