Fitting B8.5 Arch Stone Guards on B8

DickoB8

A6 Avant Black Edition
Reaction score
I’ve touched in a few stone chips I had on the front inner arch of my B8 and looking online Audi fitted some guards on the B8.5 to prevent the damage. Has anyone with a Pre facelift B8 fitted them? If so how did you do it? I’m hoping it’s just as simple as double sided tape and no drilling is required (fingers crossed)

Nick

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Pretty sure 8.5 arches have holes to attach. I put mudflapson flaps on the front of my S4 to give some protection as it was the bottom of mine that were getting blasted

Reactions: DickoB8
Until now I’d never heard to it..... quick google search and it certainly sounds some impressive stuff! That could well be an option thanks
Yeah m8 I'm looking at using it when I get my arches done

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The 8.5 guards come with tape attached,you just need to cut off the taps that go into the B8.5 wings as the B8 doesn't have the holes

Reactions: RS5 JON and DickoB8
I just cut the pegs off as low as I could, ie below the level of the surrounding plastic moulding, then used some serious and thick double sided tape cut to the correct width and shape to fill the area where the original short sections of sticky tape were - maybe even overkill type of tape like the stuff used to secure interior mirrors etc!

I just cut the pegs off as low as I could, ie below the level of the surrounding plastic moulding, then used some serious and thick double sided tape cut to the correct width and shape to fill the area where the original short sections of sticky tape were - maybe even overkill type of tape like the stuff used to secure interior mirrors etc!
Thanks sounds straight forward enough, if you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for the guards? I’m heading to my local Audi on Monday to enquire.

Back in 2014 £23.09 for both including VAT, I'd be checking your local dealer's price before paying Crewe Audis price to get them to your door though!

So far been quoted £19 each will ask my local dealer on Monday
Hi Dicko, just redirecting an old thread from your post on my mudflaps thread. Where did you get your stoneguards from in the end? I'm struggling to find any at a reasonable price?

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

I bought my 1st set from York Audi for roughly £38 then when my wings got replaced under warranty they fitted new ones for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jakm15
I bought my 1st set from York Audi for roughly £38 then when my wings got replaced under warranty they fitted new ones for me.

Thanks for that I'll give them a ring, you don't know what the part numbers are do you? I've tried to find them in my history but no luck. Thanks

8K0853823 Left Fender Stone Guard
8K0853824 Right Fender Stone Guard

Thanks for that, much appreciated

No worries, mounting wise get some 3M automotive tape bought as the tabs that come on the protectors need snipping off as they are for the B8.5 wings

Reactions: jakm15
I done them the other day ! Done them with double sticky tape. Very easy !

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Bit hard to see on the pic but I've just recently put the mudguards and the stoneguards on, fingers crossed that should keep the rust at bay.
426543bdc53cd73af3e3c1dbd91972ef.jpg

Reactions: DickoB8 and dimitar.tuntov.5

What age was your car when you go the wings replaced?
I've just bought an 11plate Dynamik and although not bad there are signs of the problem starting on the bottom edge. I'd like to get them sorted somehow and hadn't considered doing under warranty.

Mine A4 was a 10 plate and at the time just sneaked into the 10 year warranty. They didn’t ask if I had full Audi service history but I have heard that some dealers will ensure you do before considering replacing the wings. They will measure your paint depth to make sure it’s not previously been repaired! I did have to contribute about £230 but the overall work was around the £1400 mark.

Ahh that's handy to know I shall be dropping in on a dealer asap then!
Many thanks for your reply.