Fitting B6 seats into B5.

Reaction score
Hi chaps a good buddy of mine has a B5 2.5tdi Quattro and he has been told the seats from a B6 will fit and work ok. Is this correct? I have my doubts regarding plugging the electrics in and not getting any issues with airbags etc.

Cheers bud.
I posted same question in b5 forum where Aragorn respond. That link you put up, I particularly like this quote,

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Cheers bud.
I posted same question in b5 forum where Aragorn respond. That link you put up, I particularly like this quote,

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

No problemo!

Hahaha. Great real life explanations ! Makes perfect sense..

Does he want front and rear or just front? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject (although I did Audi seats in a Vauxhall Corsa which was intresting) but I'd imagine the fronts should fit other than the electronics which are best to be cable tied back and then if it throws errors (which I know b6's do, not sure about b5's) clearing them else the airbags may not deploy. In terms of the rear I can't see them fitting due to the shape but a decent trimmer should be able to work some magic.

I would be expecting some modification, but how much I could not say.........need to get the measuring tape out and take some figures to compare against.

Everything I believe, including the carpets! How hard could it be?

In every single movie to date..when someone says, ''How hard can/could it be?'' It often ends up being impossible lol.

Let us know how he gets on :)

My mate is a builder so it will probably involve using a shovel and the biggest lump hammer he can find.

Reactions: DieselJake and DrStrange