Fitting aftermarket head unit which fits newer model, which harness?

Rideen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am getting an aftermarket headunit which is compatible with Sportback 2004+, but my car is 3dr 2003. From what I found out on forums, these 2 have different connectors in the back of the headunit (mine is Symphony 1).

What kind of connector (or cables) do I need in order to connect my new headunit to the existing wiring inside the car?

Curiously, what head unit are you putting in? I'd like to do the same as an expensive RNSE that still doesn't do Bluetooth without extra units/spending etc is not for me..!
Interested to hear how you get on with it when fitted :)

Iv just fitted an aftermarket double din, so many harnesses available!
I had to phone car audio and security to get the right one for mine!

Curiously, what head unit are you putting in? I'd like to do the same as an expensive RNSE that still doesn't do Bluetooth without extra units/spending etc is not for me..!
Interested to hear how you get on with it when fitted :)

I know most people here will hate, but Dynavin N6-A3 is what I am getting. Got it pretty cheap, will post my experiences here once I get it! :)

I know most people here will hate, but Dynavin N6-A3 is what I am getting. Got it pretty cheap, will post my experiences here once I get it! :)
Looks good! Little pricey for me to be honest haha :/ interested to hear how you get on though :)

Looks good! Little pricey for me to be honest haha :/ interested to hear how you get on though :)

My friend is importing these to the country without paying the tax for them so they come a bit cheaper (I paid it 450Euros). He has an older model in his Passat B5.5 which is worse than this one but still a very good headunit. I also get a 2 year warranty for it, so it is a great deal in my opinion!

Will post experiences with it as soon as it gets into my hands! :)

Reactions: RS3dan
He's importing at least 10 a month here, but we're 2000 kilometers away from you guys :D

If I manage to find out exactly where does he order them and how is he getting them so cheap, I will post here. :p

Reactions: Jake 61