Fitting A Non Forge TIP...Question

Dazboss

Like A Thristy Dingo ;)
Reaction score
Hello all again,

Right i've bagged a non Forge TIP. My question is though. What happens if you don't have the alloy tube connector just before the end to the turbo.

If you see A3Tom's guide its the second pic from the top. Im guessing it will come with a connector or i'll get a hose connector to push in & do the job ?

Anyone throw any light on this please.

I went to My local motorfactors and got an 8mm plastic hose joiner, heat resistant jobby, cost about £1.20 and it's been perfect for 6k so far....

Well the TIP came today & its got the metal connector in it.

Thing is how do i get to the Hex bolt on the turbo inlet, there's so much stuff in the way :(

Up on axle stands, and a 5mm Allen key from underneath. Makes it dead easy to remove :)

Up on axle stands, and a 5mm Allen key from underneath. Makes it dead easy to remove :)

But ive got a transfer box in the way cant the inlet to the turbo :(

you can reach it from the top too, it's not too bad.
Just remove the maf and the airbox so you can get an arm in there easily enough.

Get your hand in there first without an allen key and work out where it is, then go back in with a tool and do it blind

Cheers bud, i started too but found out my TIP pipe i got was the wrong one.

Looks like i've got to get a Forge now.

Whilst the forge ones are great, they are pretty expensive!
Rtech actually advised me to just get an ebY one and save my money! Spent £42 on an eBay TIP and it's perfect

Well i going to stick mine up on ebay, this one has a extra port & the DV & SAI are the wrong way round.