Fitting a ITG CAI on a S3

coreythorny

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me how long it would roughly take to fit the intake in question?

mine turned up from a member today :D just wondered if I had time to fit it tomorrow after work as it quickly gets dark. Not had chance to pop the bonnet and work it out.

It looks a simple job. Just plug and play? Is the airbox bottom half fitted in with rubber grommets like the engine cover also?

thanks for any advise.

Also I presume it's a easy enough job to fit the standard back on?

Heard the clip on the turbo pipe is a struggle

Not sure tbh use the search bar

Took me about an hour to do mine, a steady plod at that, sipping tea and yapping to mates etc.
The turbo inlet wasn't too bad, if you have flexy or pivot sockets its a breeze. It gets a bit right around the filter cone / last bend area and its worth taking the time to position the clips for max clearance. It's an easy ish job, just a bit fiddly as you'd expect.

Cheers Marc. Might just leave it as it will be coming off in a week or two again, then back on again.

see what the weathers like lol

No problem! It will be much easier when it's not dark - you're guaranteed to drop a clip or screw into the abyss if you try it in the dark, that's usual case for me anyway lol.

AmD charge £50+vat to fit their CAI which would imply about an hour.

Took me about 30 mins - most of which was spent doing the clip on the turbo up! Getting the old pipe off the turbo was quite tight as well and you have to pull harder than you would think (ooo er missus). Position the clips in the right place to access the bolts before you start doing them up - a little bit of thought saves shed loads of time!

That clamp tool Red put a link to would come in really handy for removing the oem clamp on the turbo pipe. I'm relieved the CAI came with jubilee clips! Much easier!

It took me around 40minutes, most of this time was spent trying to get the engine cover off lol, once that was off it was simple to do. Just a bit of hand squashing for the turbo pipe.

It took me around 40minutes, most of this time was spent trying to get the engine cover off lol, once that was off it was simple to do. Just a bit of hand squashing for the turbo pipe.

Doesn't the cover just pull off? No bolts etc?

Ok find a couple how-to's for similar kits etc, happy days.

Just before I get stuck in, does the standard spring clip off the turbo inlet (the one which causes the swearing lol) get re-used on the silicon joiner from the ITG kit or is it replaced with a jubilee clip?

Reason is I didn't get a clip for that joint (it came assembled near enough), so just want to see if I need to go pick up some clips before I start taking it all apart.

Thanks.