Fitting a Forge 007p?!

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As im having my baby chipped next week I thought id invest in a upgraded diverter valve.

I managed to get one off ebay, brand new from Forge for £65 all in!

I havent even looked yet but wanted to know how easy they are to fit. It says the 007p is a direct replacement and no fitting kit is needed? So im guessing it should be quite straightforward.

Just take the cover off and im hoping all will become clear!

Another point is the spring, ive seen people use a yellow instead of standard, I did ask the guy at Forge and said im having my 1.8T chipped but he said the standard spring should be ok, any opinions?

Cheers

Dave

just a direct replacement to the original bosch valve , you might have to cut the clips off , and replace with jubille clips. green should be ok , but i thought it is yellow when mapped

whilst they do offer incredible service, and a great range of products, the advice from forge about spings to use in the 007 does seem to vary like the weather......

i got mine with a green spring, then 6 months later forge told me to run the yellow spring, so i got a yellow spring, and i do feel its better. it holds boost longer, as the green was clearly loosing boost.

the guy at forge told me the green spring was only rated 6-8psi. and my mapped car is running 15.

thing is, that same week, forge posted on uk mkivs, saying that the green spring was fine for standard and mapped cars......

so who knows.

i reckon my yellow spring helps old boost longer, and its also stopped randomly dumping quite so often! so im happy :)

for anyone with a remapped car, id suggest the yellow. my green was leaking boost at the top end.

:lmfao: Are you two stalking me?! haha

that link isnt working Rick but id imagine it is, their user id is 'Forgemotorsport' and if u look their feedback you will see mine and the item, its basically in black and £40 less than on their site!

hmmmmm not sure what to think now, I guess ill fit it and see how it feels, im not actually sure wot psi mine will be after the chip, yet another question for Simon, lol

Bit of a pisser tho as if id needed the yellow one I could have maybe ordered it at the same time and saved on postage :slap:

im guessing their is no difference in noise with the 007p? after I.....:tapedshut: drilled my airbox.....I seem to be able to just about hear the diverter valve now, but only from inside with the car with the windows up, almost exactly same sound as the new shape 2.0T made that I took out!

What remap you getting?

If its a chippedUK based one then you might as well keep an eye out on eBay for a new engine as well as if google results are anything to go by, you'll be needing one...

strange link dodnt work,

but yea forge motor sport is the seller, £65 good price

thinking if i should get one now

is it worth it ?

Dave, no im going with Upsolute, for the 3rd time now, have been more than happy in the past! I take it you have not been best pleased with chippeduk then?!

Rick, for 65 bar id say so, I was a bit loathed to fork out a ton on a d/v, although did consider the dual BOV one, but wasnt sure as seemed like money for noise really! Did you get your temp thing sorted btw?

Cossie_boy said:
Dave, no im going with Upsolute, for the 3rd time now, have been more than happy in the past! I take it you have not been best pleased with chippeduk then?!

Rick, for 65 bar id say so, I was a bit loathed to fork out a ton on a d/v, although did consider the dual BOV one, but wasnt sure as seemed like money for noise really! Did you get your temp thing sorted btw?

yea temp thing sorted now, car feels completly different to me now :)

£65 not bad but am so skint because if i get the map thats another £220 and i still need to buy a apple macbook

Just waiting on simon to give you the date when he can map in Derby so i know if ill be free or not,

But am just in 2 minds if i should go for the map now or wait a few months

I've no personal experience with ChippedUK but I've read several threads containing horror stories on several other boards.

Get what you pay for in this world.

Dave_Bayern said:
I've no personal experience with ChippedUK but I've read several threads containing horror stories on several other boards.

Get what you pay for in this world.

didnt some guy from ChippedUK come on here to defend himself? I'm probably getting mixed up with another company

Thats the one, which is why I ended up googling him.

Turns out about 5 other boards have banned him, and there was like a 30 page thread on Pistonheads where they showed him up to be a liar.

rickparmar said:
strange link dodnt work,

but yea forge motor sport is the seller, £65 good price

thinking if i should get one now

is it worth it ?
this?

:)

Adbus, thats the one!

Rick, well its obv upto you mate but even at £220 its a big saving on the £305 retail you would usually pay, plus there more of us that have it done next week, or at Simons place, the better chance there is of that price dropping even further!

true your right,

any idea of how much the price will go down to ?

and is it worth buying the forge dv ?

I got a black one off ebay, very pleased.

However, I can't rememer what colour spring it came with! I think it was green, but sounds like I should be using the yellow one with my remapped S3?

ICE

A lot of people recommend changing them when getting the car mapped

so i think better get the forge one than keeping the standard.

Easy job to do...

jojo said:
Must be tough driving around around in your S3 with a tenner worth of fuel each time huh Rik? :moa:

haha

its Actually £25 every 4-5 days, Just need to find a decent job with a nice pay. so i can afford a full tank, getting bored at natwest now,

jojo need a chef ? i can make chicken balls now haha

rickparmar said:
haha

its Actually £25 every 4-5 days, Just need to find a decent job with a nice pay. so i can afford a full tank, getting bored at natwest now,

jojo need a chef ? i can make chicken balls now haha

It will cost you a tenner in fuel to get to work and back if you was working for me Rik, want a job? (I might need a delivery driver actually) :w00t:

Delivery driver in a S3 hmmmmmm with a big triangle board saying jojo chinese take away lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A3_Turbo said:
Sorry to hijack but who is it doing these map's so cheap?

Upsolute mate, will be my third time using them and know countless people who have been happy!

Looks like the £65 d/v's are really taking off! I should of gone for a group buy on them too, haha, gonna fit mine over the weekend me thinks!

that was quick, ordered yesterday, arrived today

ok where does it go now ?

very easy job...just the small clips are a pain...

:)

good luck

Took my engine cover off tonight, seems mine already has hose clips on, so must have been changed or touched at some point?

Looks easy though!

Thought id time the car before I fitted it, then again after, then again after the chip, so 60 was 7.8 secs, only tried once, and hmmmmm 100 i didnt actually get to as was running out of road, stopped at 21 secs but was only doing about 90 something...seems miles off figures I used to get from my Cossie :think: , still, heres hoping those figures should seen an improvement, maybe after the 007p, and deffo after the chip!

you wont get ANY improvement from the 007P unless your current standard valve is broken. i fitted a forge 007p, and gained 5mpg average around town, and the car pulls smoother, harder, and for longer.

my standard DV was totally shot, and leaking boost/vacuum any way it was able to!

i doubt a heavy weight 180bhp TQ would get anywhere near the cossie times....

although 21 secs to 90 is VERY worrying.

i have a vid of my A3 1.8T back when it was totally standard bar a CAI, doing 0-97 or so (indicated-ill assume you mean indicated not GPS speed) ive just timmed it 3 times to be sure, and from when the speedo first moves to when it passes 90 is definately under 15 seconds..... so i think somethings up with yours!

Hmmmmmm poss, well to be fair it wasnt really the best place to test the 0-100 part so i may not have been giving its all, ill try again once chipped and see!

Anyhoo, fitted the 007p, must of took literally 5 mins!

Cant really notice any difference in sound, then again I didnt expect to!