Fitting a double din into an A3

Cj_sat69

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking to pick up a pre facelift s3 very soon and ive been reading on here that you cant fit a double din headunit without customising the dash and so on, its put me right off because ive always had a car with a screen.

Is there a way around this? For example trying to fit the 8p cage or the facelift cage. I also read something about changing the heater unit? The car ive seen also has heated seats.

Ive done my searches but it all just seems so confusing and different people are saying different things

If it can be done what parts will i need?

Anyone who can shed some light on this, will be very helpful.

Thanks

A double din centre console, double din cage, facelift buttons and AC control unit.

Cheers mate, should the centre console and cage be from the facelift model?

Yeh facelift. I'm looking to do the same. Reading a few of the threads it's fairly straightforward with the right parts. G60 Leigh has a thread showing you how to do the install on here.

Reactions: g60leigh
Sweet, hopefully i should be picking up the car on the weekend if everything goes to plan, then ill try get hold of the parts which should be a bit of a mission i heard. Ill try find the thread and have a read in the meantime.

Its annoying because as soon as i buy it i have to start taking bits off, but then again that would be too easy lol

Reactions: Jay A3
Found an online version of EKTA which has helped me to get part numbers. Hopefully this will help me get started.

b7119994699ea00e1c969f46a7aae5f4.jpg

ive jus won a faceluft heater control with the heated seat buttons of ebay for the conversion. also the cage direct from audi is about 85 quid. juat need a heads up to know if im in the right direction

yeah that's right bud I ve just done a conversion in my 2002 pretty straight forward job couple of the nuts are a little tricky I found to get to but too me 2 hours and doneDouble din this is what mine looked like before I fitted

Cheers mate, yeah thats the heater console i got but with the added heated seat control, was the only 1 on ebay. Need to do this as soon as cos the cd player dont work and the audi radio itself is messed. Miss my screen.

Are the heater modules a stright swap or do i need to modify plugs?