Fitting a CD changer in an A3

TurboDave

Reaction score
You need to check you have the CD bus cable fitted first. look in the lefthand cubbyhole in the boot and right at the back (towards the front of the car, past the rear seatbelt reel) you should see a round 13 pin connector clipped to the bodywork. this is the CD changer cable. If you don't have one then you'll need to buy and install one.

hi mate u didnt buy the tdi off a bloke called brian did you? my dad sold a A3 to a bloke who used to have a S3 lol

also on this topic, i went to a shop called 'road radio' round the corner from my house. to have a sub, amp and head unit fitted in my s3, he said that it was cost 125 for it to be fitted with steering wheel controls. but he said my rear speakers wont work as they are amped or something so they cant be used? any idea's guys?

You just rewire the rears directly to the new HU, they really don't know what they're talking about so I'd give them a wide berth.

Well they've given you duff info already so I wouldn't let them loose on a car they obviously have no experience of working on.

but i dont really have any other way of getting my sub and stuff put in lol