Fitting a car hands free kit.

69COU

Reaction score
NOKIA CK-7W / CARK 126

Does anyone know if it is easy to use the auto mute facilities + audi out of the above Nokia kits through an Audi Synthony Head Unit.

Any instructions most welcome.

I am about to do the same thing but with Audi Concert so I would be interested in a how to

I'm having one professionally fitted on Thursday 25th - will see if I can scrounge some instructions out of the engineer...

This is dead easy
Click on www.dashmount.co.uk and get the radio mute lead for your car.
Remove the radio with the special tools if you have them or get them from http://www.audi-accessories.co.uk
Remove the glovebox (5 bolts on A4) plug the radio mute lead into the radio and then the car wiring harness into the lead. Plug all this onto the car kit box.
Bobs your uncle its wired!

The only thing I found with mine is that there is no ignition sense on the back of the stereo so i ran a wire through from the steering column but the car kit will work without it, you just have to turn it on manually by pressing the button.

If you need anything else give me a shout.

There are wiring instructions in the CK-7W manual that you will get with the kit. You'll need to remove some panels to pass the wires etc, and the stereo and glovebox as mentioned above, but the rest is pretty straightforward. The guy who fitted mine took about 90 minutes for a nice neat job, but had no instructions to lt me copy - he just knew how to do it...
Can send you the CK-7W manual or maybe copy some pages if you need.

You will need the ignition sense or there is potential for the bluetooth to drain your battery. i have a 1998 a4 1.9tdi with one of these fitted.on this model there are 4 big electric terminals behind the bottom cover of the dash on the drivers side .sticking a multimeter acroos these should find you a 12v source thats only on when the ignition is on

The Nokia Car Kit automatically turns off after 2 minutes to save the battery from being drained, unless both positive connections are permanently live.

from memory its dead easy, just find the audio mute pin on the back of the headunit, i think there is a diagram on top of the unit to show you. then push the yellow wire onto a spade connector and push onto the mute pin. dead easy. I made my one radio removal keys by cutting up an old credit card into strips with a pointed end..