Fitting 2-channel dashcam. How do I remove Sportback boot trim?

manganaj

Reaction score
I've done a few searches but can't find any how-tos...

I'm looking at fitting my new 2-channel dashcam in the next few days and wondered if anyone knows how to remove the boot lid trim. I want to use the rubber conduit to keep the install as discrete as possible.

I know I have to unscrew two torx screws from behind the warning triangle but I just want to be sure there's no technique or special way to remove the panels before I start tugging away and unwittingly break anything. My A3 is only a couple of years old and still very precious to me! Haha

Anyway, as always with you guys, many thanks in advance for any advice and help!!

I removed the torx screws then gently pulled the bottom section off. Get some spare trim clips ready as you will break some. I then removed the trim around the window. I also feed the cable up the original cable glad following the exiting cable route, spray some WD40 down the gromit/tube thing, it helps the cable feed through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
You need to get someone with a copy of elsawin. Would help you but not at home to get you screen shots.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Via the search button at the top of the forum, or via google (with audi-sport in the search phase), do a search for the Audi A3 8V reverse camera retrofit guide. In the thread is a PDF which details the trim removal of both a saloon and sportback :)