Fitted This Week...

rickquattro

Reaction score
A set of Bilsteins, Eibach springs, R32 Arb's, Forge Adjustable tie bars and Poly Bushes....

What a difference this makes. The car has 83k miles and was getting baggy all round but this lot makes an amazing difference. The bump control on the Bilsteins is superb. There are a couple of sections on the A701 where I usually thought that I would be off the road as the old "sport" suspension bottomed out but the new stuff just glides through the same sections. Its nice and flat too with the ARB's controlling body roll brilliantly. The only place it doesn't work so well is the concrete slab type road with lots of joints in it. Otherwise well worth doing.

If you do this and are running 8.5 inch rims, then the wheels will just graze the front struts. 3mm spaces will sort it and still keep the tyre inside the wheel arch...

Thanks to Glen for doing the research and putting it on here and Brian at Star for fitting....

Recommended.

I took the lazy/easy/worked on past experience route and informed recommendation route, so I bought it all through Star. I gave them the ARB part numbers (thanks Slug..) and these came from Vag-parts. Forge Tie bars from....Forge...

I dont have a garage and cant do the work myself so this was the best option for me.

I'm happy with the deal I got too and know its all been put together properly...

what was the fully fitted price for all this?

All up £1200, including all parts, fitting and vat. Expensive but as the car was on the ramps I thought that I would bite the bullet and do everything at the same time rather than go back twice. This price also includes a session on the 4 wheel alignment jig to make sure that the whole lot is set up correctly and the wheels all point in the right direction....

It certainly put a new life into the feel of the car.. Its amazing over time as the old suspension slowly deteriorated that I adjusted accordingly. getting the new stuff on shows how good it could actually be.