1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Fitted my CR K04 Hybrid today

Andrew@A.L.D Jun 20, 2010

1. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

Why do people say its hard to change? they say its best to remove the head to make it easier to change the turbo?

I didn't think so, i've done a few now and don't find it that hard, mind you i did have to make a few tools to get to some of the bolts

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

i never found t too hard either when i changed the turbo on my mates mk4 golf. my a4 was more of a pain ended up getting a grinder to it!!

got any pics?

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

Its not thats its hard, it is fiddly and time consuming especially if you haven't done one before... It should also be mentioned that K03 turbos fitted to A3's, Leon's, Ibiza's and Golfs are much easier to do...

K03 will come off in less time than a K04, if you are paying someone to remove your turbo then hourly rate plays a factor... its what is more cost effective at the end of the day...

<tuffty/>

5. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

fitted and....... c'mon then
    got logs?

6. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

I don't have VAG com Bill but i also still need it mapping, The car is off the road right now as it's out of MOT so just doing the work for that.

7. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Registered User

Mine was a breeze to fit i just drove it down to Bill and picked it up a few weeks later all fitted hehe

8. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

lol @ steve..

hehe

9. Welly

Welly 335D Driver :-)

Deffo the best way!

10. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Registered User

Im sure Bill didnt see it that way. He had a nightmare getting it off

11. Welly

Welly 335D Driver :-)

I know, I watched and chuckled from a distance.... Lots of swearing involved....

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo Moderator Moderator

my old Jabba manifold required me to take the head off to get the manifold off. There was no way to get it off after 6 years of heat cycles with the head on the car. Even then i had to chissel the bolts off.

new JBS manifold is much more roomy due to it being welded and not cast.