Fitted my armrest! Guide inside ;)

T3nnant

Reaction score
I finally got around to fitting it, i did have some ideas on what i would expect. It was easier than i thought though!

Heres how i did it :) Retrofit

Reactions: CountryGent and Sandra
Nice work, T3nnant. You did pretty much what I did, except I didn't take pics.

Reactions: T3nnant and Sandra
Excellent post mate. Think this needs to be a sticky as is a popular mod.

Well done fella.

Reactions: T3nnant and Sandra
Excellent work Chris. Its now a sticky. :) x

Reactions: T3nnant
Thanks guys and gal :)
Jdp1962 gave me the ideas on what to expect so thanks goes to him.
least a could do was take pics, just hope it helps some people and puts them at ease

Reactions: Sandra
Sandra, your sticky policy is way better than your rugby predictions. :friends:[/QUOTE

Lol Jeff, i did well with my predictions last night, i said Wales to beat France. Im not predicting todays score though. :) x

Looks like good instructions buddy. Will order one and have a crack at fitting! Cheers

I've done exactly the same and from the looks of it I've bought the same arm rest - I was very annoyed with it as it was squeaky as hell which made me get rid of it and buy another center console to get rid of the hole. I'd be interested to get another one however only if it's not making any noises, can anyone recommend me something?

I've done exactly the same and from the looks of it I've bought the same arm rest - I was very annoyed with it as it was squeaky as hell which made me get rid of it and buy another center console to get rid of the hole. I'd be interested to get another one however only if it's not making any noises, can anyone recommend me something?

I know exactly what you mean sadly im not sure there is anything you can do. Im guessing its the lid so possibly have some sort of lip on the inside made of a soft material rubber

Well today i got around to fitting my nice new leather armrest. Was a tad worried attacking the centre console with the dremmel but all worked out tickety boo & i am well chuffed with the end result.
The excellent guide & pics on this thread made the fitting that bit easier.

Cheers

Nige ;)

I finally got around to fitting it, i did have some ideas on what i would expect. It was easier than i thought though!

Heres how i did it :) Retrofit

Thanks for this guide..I recently purchased my A4 Avant SE Quattro estate and the clip on the arm rest is broken and am currently trying to source a leather one to match the interior - which looks similar to yours.

This will take the stress out of the refit and save me making any silly mistakes! :blush: