Fitted Eibach Pro Kit...one week later?

Wing Lun

A3 Sportback
Reaction score
I finally made the commitment to purchase and fit the Eibach lowering spring for my A3 Sportback without changing the dampers. At first I was quite hesitant, but now it has become the best mod decision I've made.

So one week later, you probably want to know what is the difference ? I noticed the difference straight away with the subtle drop in terms of appearance, and improved handling capabilites around corners. Also I'd noticed the reduction of squat during acceleration which for me is a bonus.

Looking into the specs of my A3 Sportback, it has factory sports suspension, and since fitting the Pro Kit the ride quality is seemly the same. Okay I'm lying there is a small difference...I don't know if any other people have experienced this but you will tend to feel the bumps a bit more on the roads, I can't deny that. Potholes are the worse, and for any driver you would want to avoid this. Don't get me wrong, on motorway journeys it is very smooth and I have no concern for that.

These Pro Kit definitely doesn't dissappoint! I run my car with the standard 17" alloys, so maybe that's why the car is able to retain its comfort over different terrains. I've also changed my existing anti-roll bar to a performance one, so the combination of both has reduced body roll and improved cornering.

IMG 20181207 153259
IMG 20181208 135759

BEFORE
IMG 20181208 102302

AFTER
IMG 20181217 150153ttt

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_150148.jpg
    IMG_20181217_150148.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Looks great! Always done springs on my cars not had a chance to do the a3 yet.

Reactions: Wing Lun
Hi! Looks Great! Would you please indicate the eibach kit number you have installed and if possible the shock absorbers you currently have installed? If oem, would greatly appreciate if you can provide some details, e.g. Sachs code 42 9404.... etc.
Thanks in advance

Great write up, I want to get the pro kit for the S3 but haven't been able to make my mind up, I was a little worried about ride quality as I have the 19s. but guessing as im on S3 springs already there shouldn't be too much change. the ride height is spot on from your pics for me.

Hi! Looks Great! Would you please indicate the eibach kit number you have installed and if possible the shock absorbers you currently have installed? If oem, would greatly appreciate if you can provide some details, e.g. Sachs code 42 9404.... etc.
Thanks in advance

There's different variations as you probably know across the A3 model variants.
And for mine which is a 2.0 TDI sport not the S-Line one, I got the kit: E10-15-021-06-22
I have standard oem shock absorbers, but don't know any further details sorry, I'm sure you can source the info online.
But that's one reason I went for Pro Kit instead of Sportline because there might be a degree of strain on the oem shock absorbers or affects other parts, so if I did go down that route I would have changed them too for safety precautions and longevity :thumbs up:

Great write up, I want to get the pro kit for the S3 but haven't been able to make my mind up, I was a little worried about ride quality as I have the 19s. but guessing as im on S3 springs already there shouldn't be too much change. the ride height is spot on from your pics for me.

Thank you :icon thumright: if you value ride quality over the handling performance, then that's all right. I can't really comment if there'll be much change as I've never owned or driven the S3, but I'm sure handling wise it would improve!

There's different variations as you probably know across the A3 model variants.
And for mine which is a 2.0 TDI sport not the S-Line one, I got the kit: E10-15-021-06-22
I have standard oem shock absorbers, but don't know any further details sorry, I'm sure you can source the info online.
But that's one reason I went for Pro Kit instead of Sportline because there might be a degree of strain on the oem shock absorbers or affects other parts, so if I did go down that route I would have changed them too for safety precautions and longevity :thumbs up:
Great. Understand. Thanks. Have your car came with the standard suspension PR code 2UA or sports, or S-Line?

Great. Understand. Thanks. Have your car came with the standard suspension PR code 2UA or sports, or S-Line?

Good question lol, it was initially confusing trying to interpret it in the book but I've only got the following in relation to suspension:

L30 = Suspension range 30 installation control only no requirement forecast
1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design
0YD = Weight range 4 installation control only no requirement forecast

I did read through a previous forum on here about the code 2UA but there's nothing on that for my car. Plus I'm scratching my head because I can't see anything for the front shock absorption, so it doesn't have any??
I did also check on the myAudi app on my phone and under the heading "Safety & Technology" it does state sports suspension :readit:
I read somewhere to check the wheel alignment report, and it gets more confusing because one garage states 2UG and the other stating 2UA...so I think they just read what their system says. But at the end of the day, on myAudi app it states I got sports suspension so I'll leave it as that! :friendly wink:

Last edited:
If you have sports suspension, pr code would be 2UC instead of 2UA.
Worshop has selected 2UG only for alignment values, as you are running on eibachs you are closer to the 2UG config (-25mm) height.

If you have sports suspension, pr code would be 2UC instead of 2UA.
Worshop has selected 2UG only for alignment values, as you are running on eibachs you are closer to the 2UG config (-25mm) height.

You'll see it to believe it...no code here starting with 2 :blink:

Upload 2019 7 13 23 30 50

Reactions: martinlop
1JC is the rear shock absorption for sports design. You had a sports suspension.
Now with the eibach you have almost a s-line suspension. (In fact 5mm lower than that).

1Ja = standard
1JC = sports
1JN = Mexico version (topess)
UC7 = increased height (bad road suspension)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wing Lun