fitted a forge 007 valve today couple of questions

mk1kid

Reaction score
hi lads basically i fitted a forge 007 valve today into the standard air pipe and run a pipe from the charge pipe to it and a vacum to underside of inlet manifold. went out for a spin and boost is 0.4 on boost and there is no noise from the 007 is that normal?

what car you in mate? I dont understand how you have fitted it, should be a simple swap from standard dv. Get some pics up dude

Ok... the Forge DV is designed to fit in place of the existing DV which means you use the existing 3 pipes the OEM DV uses to conect it up.... I assume you have done this as its not entirely clear from your description as it suggests to me that you haven't...

If you have left any of the OEM pipes unconnected and if I am right in understanding you are only now showing 0.4bar of boost then it suggests you have not connected it in correctly and you have created a boost leak somewhere or maybe something else... do you have pictures of your engine bay you can post so we can see?

Diverter Valves don't make much noise... they are not blow off valves, they are recirculating valves... if you car is not mapped then there isn't enough boost pressure to make much of a sound anyway.... a remapped car with open induction (CAI or cone filter) or at least a panel filter makes a bit more noise but certainly not anything very loud.

<tuffty/>

i had a cold side kit on it when i purchased car btw its a a3 agu engine basically took the cold side dv and t piece and replaced it with a straight piece.next where the original dv used 2 be there was a bung i just put 007 in there recurced it to the charge pipe and connected vacum pipe to it

the 007 doesn't fit the same way round as the standard valve does, u have to turn it so the small pipe is facing the near side of the car and not towards the bonnet, thats what forge told me... i hope that helps u out, dale

i dont even think that the 007 is worth it on your car mate...got no remap no downpipe no exhaust system...
anyways, it wont make any loud sound for sure...as tuffty it is not a blow off valve, so you get a lot less sound from it

the 007 doesn't fit the same way round as the standard valve does, u have to turn it so the small pipe is facing the near side of the car and not towards the bonnet, thats what forge told me... i hope that helps u out, dale

Not sure why Forge would tell you that... the 007p is designed to be a direct replacement to the OEM DV... it fits exactly the same orientation as the OEM DV... its operation is the same... the only advantage of a 007p is increased reliability and serviceability and the ability to tune it to higher boosting applications...

Forge cold side relocation kit instructions are here

http://forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/Golf-Leon-A3 1.8t reloc kit fitting guide.pdf

Ignore the fact they use a Split-R valve in the pictures and the correct fitment of the 007p is that boost goes into the side and the bottom outlet goes to the TIP...

Vacuum can come direct from the inlet mani provided you have done an N249 bypass (not sure your car has an N249 anyway) else you will need to take the DV vac line from where the original DV vac line was. If the original vac line has not been blocked off then you will be leaking boost through that...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
just to add should the hockey puck still be in the air pipe or blocked up?

Ok, nows the time for a photo of your engine bay!!! lol

Seems to be an awful lot of 'I'll just stick this pipe here and leave that pipe there...' going on and no offence to you but guessing if you knew what you were doing and the consequences of what your are doing then you wouldn't be asking the questions you have...

I have seen some 'interesting' modding in the past including someone who did an N249 bypass putting a check valve in the DV vac line that left it open all the time giving him no boost!!!

Get a pic of your 'bay so we can see whats what, you are obviously having a few issues and in my experience they are almost always down to poor plumbing and incorrectly fitted mods...

<tuffty/>