First time using wax

Fenriz

Reaction score
Intensive clean today, courtesy of Audi's complimentary wash after a service which made a right mess of the car. AG Wheel Clean, Wax Tec Super Suds Shampoo, AG Super Resin Polish, AG Glass Polish, Wax Tec Mint Dress, AG Instant Tyre Dress, then the first time have ever used a wax on the car, Dodo Juice Orange Crush

Took me 4 1/2 hours and my arms and shoulders are now aching, will probably put another coat of wax on tomorrow just for good measure.

I'm very happy with the results, and looking forward to see how well it beads when it rains next.

Reactions: B_FUR, scotty76 and Amason007
Thanks Dean that makes it worth while, it was pure elbow grease no polisher here.

Very nice job mate, well worth the 4 and a half hours! looks really nice. You think your aching today...lol wait till 2moro!!

I'm going to give the car a good cleaning this weekend as it has around 450 miles of motorway muck on it, I don't intend to put more wax on but will I run into any trouble if after washing I put a coat of AG super resin polish on, or will it react with the wax.

AG Instant Tyre Dress

I used to use this stuff all the time, gave great looking tyres, BUT..all the spray applicated tyre dressings I've used tend to splatter the paintwork unless left to completely dry.

I tried the Megs tyre gel with a foam applicator and it is the business! A little mucky on the fingers, but the results last a long time and NO splatter. Give it a try

Great work! Looks very clean, not tried any dodo products. What are they like to use?

I'm going to give the car a good cleaning this weekend as it has around 450 miles of motorway muck on it, I don't intend to put more wax on but will I run into any trouble if after washing I put a coat of AG super resin polish on, or will it react with the wax.
That's pretty much what I do and have never had a problem with it reacting with the wax.

It was very easy to use, just did one panel at a time, applied a very thin coat with a very soft sponge applicator. Leave for a few minutes to go off then buffed it off with a microfibre towel.

It won't react but you will be slowly removing the wax layer as super resin polish is mildly abrasive.

On top of wax I've been using:
Dodo Juice - Supernatural Acrylic Spritz - Clean Your Car
or
Chemical Guys - Extreme Slick Synthetic Polymer Detailer - Clean Your Car
or
Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray 709ml

Thanks scotty, I do have some AG Quick Detailer, will that do the equivalent of the Dodo or Chem Guys?

Yep AG Quick Detailer will be ideal. It will give a quick protection without damaging the wax layer. I'm always a fan of using up what you've already got before splashing out on more kit. :)

BTW, meant to say great work on the car. I think that's the glossiest red I have ever seen!

Wow thanks scotty that means a lot, need the front end re-spraying as the lacquer on the bumper has blistered and the bonnet is badly stone chipped.

Yeah my car's the same. Covered in stone chips on the front bumper which show up nicely as it's grey! Ho hum.

Good Work!

Nice choice on Dodo Juice. Recently did a thorough clean with Diamond White wax and the beading was good. However, can't comment on the durability as I'm bobbing about the North Sea at the moment :(

Very nice mate have you tried poorboys black hole glaze ? Put it on before the orange crush really makes a difference

stunning mate, can't beat a highly polished red car. Love the black and red combo too............

Reactions: Fenriz
Really appreciate all the comments guys, this is the first car I've really gone to town with cleaning. All my previous cars have just been washed and quickly polished, never taken so much time and used so many products.

I'm thinking about maybe getting a DA polisher, possibly the Dodo Juice Buff Daddy, I think for around £85 it would be a good investment unless anyone has a better recommendation.