First time ive used Meguairs clay kit

andy tdi130

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been reading your posts on here for afew weeks and as im on holiday this week though id give my car a good clean. The side panels have come up like glass but im still having trouble getting the bonnet totally smooth as it has quite alot of tree sap or birds droppings on it.
Mine is a 2002 Tdi130 sport, its now on 181k and nearly everything is still original. Must say the clay kit is one of the best things ive used, would love to machine clean the bonnet at some point.
Great forum guys.
Hope you like.

polished001-1.jpg

Looks great buddy, would never say it has covered that amount of mileage! I remember claying mine for the first time about 5 years ago, went to DA polishing last summer, it is definately the future! Well done on the finish

Neil

Nice work! If tree sap is proving troublesome, then you may want to look at removing it chemically before claying again. Organic contaminants such as tar and tree sap should really always be removed using a solvent before clay is then used to remove inorganic particulates. More info and full explanation in this guide about paint decontamination...

How to identify and remove bonded surface contaminants safely and effectively >

:sm4: