First time detail

peakey

Reaction score
After months of waxing and never getting the result i want. I decided to go down the detail road and try to get a good finish on a black car.

eres a few pic ov 6 hours worth of work

Big thanks to polished bliss for there help and fast delivery

also a big big thanks to Pit Viper from detailing world for all his help and answers

THE GEAR USED
DSC01143.jpg

FIVE HOURS IN

DSC01142.jpg

AND END RESULTS
DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01144.jpg
DSC01145.jpg

There are still a few swirls but nout like it was

So after all that hard work i just got a call from Jody at Miland vw

im booked in thursday for a remap:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

looks like very good 1st attempt i really want to detail mine ive been polishing it and waxing it for some time now but the more time i spend the more swirl marks i find no one else can see them though lol

Looks good well done, I need to give mine a proper detail soon :)
Was it the first time you used the polishing wheel?

Top job.

which type of menzerna are you using? I tried stuff called Poorboys SSR1 and SSR2 (light and medium swirl removers) and they didn't touch the swirls on my A4...

Also, how much pressure were you using on the paintwork?

I have one of those silverline orbitals too... they do work surprisingly well. I used Menzerna Final Polish II on my S3 and while there are still a few swirls the finish is so much better than before.

Good job mate :)

<tuffty/>

Top job.

which type of menzerna are you using? I tried stuff called Poorboys SSR1 and SSR2 (light and medium swirl removers) and they didn't touch the swirls on my A4...

Also, how much pressure were you using on the paintwork?

I've always heard good things about Poorboys kit...

Cheers all i was useing menzerna 203s as it was my first time its very fine. There are still a few swirls on the paint but very hard to notice. As for pressure not a lot just the weight of the polisher.

And that stuff to finish the carnauba stuff from halfords 9 quid is fantastic. Iv not found a better wax than that at the mo.

Unless anyone knows of a better wax to finish with??

cheers

i find that Collinite 476s wax is superb alot of the guys over at detailingworld swear by it and its only around £15 a pot and lasts ages!
Ive found that the only polish that touches the swirls in Audi paint is Menzerna Power Gloss - other polishes take ages to see any worthwhile results!

Is that like a tcut and polish all in one

DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHY I KEEP REPLYING TO A THREAD 6 OR 7 TIMES BUT ONLY PRESSING POST ONCE??

yeah the sites rubbish i cant even reply to anyone i give up !!!

yeah the sites rubbish i cant even reply to anyone i give up !!!

lol, I found Auto Glym super resin polish best for noggy so far.....What wax would you guys recommend? There is very little swirl's on my paintwork :)

Collinite is brilliant, get some!. Last for ages and gives a great shine.

Its far better than a lot of very expensive waxes out there.

After i removed my rear badge saturday iv been left with a sponge type pad anyone know what to use to get that off