First thoughts after one day with my A3 S Line Manual Cabriolet 1.4 TFSI

Now, how long till the thread:

"Gutted: I was testing my 'emergency' brake and......"

Reactions: phil1824 and veeeight
Enjoying the summer Summer seats 0867

Apologies if this is already in another post, but have been irritated that Contact Photos do not appear in the Contacts imported from my iPhone.
I searched on the internet and found a thread that said you export them as vCards, put them onto an SD card and then import them into the MMI Contact directory.
I have done this and it works.
I had to do them one by one though and could not find a way to do them all at once.
BTW, my AudiConnect data usage, and I have been using it A LOT, driving new routes, so not using Cache, and having Google Maps set to high resolution, and using FB etc, since June 12th is SENT;1.1 GB; RECEIVED, 0.9 GB
PHIL

Google Maps SEND to Car option is now working!!

Apologies if this is already in another post, but have been irritated that Contact Photos do not appear in the Contacts imported from my iPhone.
I searched on the internet and found a thread that said you export them as vCards, put them onto an SD card and then import them into the MMI Contact directory.
I have done this and it works.
I had to do them one by one though and could not find a way to do them all at once.
BTW, my AudiConnect data usage, and I have been using it A LOT, driving new routes, so not using Cache, and having Google Maps set to high resolution, and using FB etc, since June 12th is SENT;1.1 GB; RECEIVED, 0.9 GB
PHIL

Seems quite economical really? I am encouraged that a PAYG sim will be fine.

Phil, have you checked your mobile account to see if the mmi is corresponding with what is actually being used?

Mine was reading quite high like yours, but looking at my account usage online it's almost a 10th of what the car is saying.

Good point..
I was using three PAYG and the amount available was going down rapidly as I was making the most of Google Maps at high resolution, on new routes, so no use of Cache... FB, Twitter etc so I decided to convert 15 pounds worth to one month of "All you can eat" data so I have no way of checking at the moment.
Can others please post so we can get an idea of usage?

Phil, have you checked your mobile account to see if the mmi is corresponding with what is actually being used?

Mine was reading quite high like yours, but looking at my account usage online it's almost a 10th of what the car is saying.

I have tried to take into account the delay from usage and what's displayed on the three website too. I'll keep a closer eye on it and see how it fares

How many hours a day are you using it and what for?
I have done 900 miles in 10 days so have been in the car a lot. Always have Google maps up at highest resolution.
Have done quite a lot of destination searching and downloading photos from Picture destinations and downloading destinations from Google maps etc
Phil

I have tried to take into account the delay from usage and what's displayed on the three website too. I'll keep a closer eye on it and see how it fares

I have Google Earth on all the time (though only have it on the nav screen when I'm actually using nav... think it still downloads in the background though) and average about 250MB a month in data usage.

Picked up car on 12th July, now 28th July.. Online Usage meter says:
Sent Data: 2,40 GB
Received data: 1.29 GB
How does that compare with others?
I am sure the comma should be a full stop??
I wonder why I am SENDING more than receiving...
There has been a very small amount of tethering going on when my lad is in the car and using Sound Cloud and Audi data rather than his own..

I have Google Earth on all the time (though only have it on the nav screen when I'm actually using nav... think it still downloads in the background though) and average about 250MB a month in data usage.

Just a little update from my usage. Broke over 1000 miles this weekend and have been using the nav screen a lot even when not routing (using google earth). Journeys have been pretty reasonable distances (so not just running around the same areas).

Onboard comp says ~200mb used combined up and down, three's usage on my account page says I've used 45mb in total.

When I ordered the car, I had decided to drive from Cheshire to Dover, Ferry to Calais, drive to around Rheims and then to Nuremburg to take my Daughter who is starting an internship.
Now writing this outside Rheims.
Reflections so far:
It is amazing what you can fit in if you fill the Boot with Squash bags from Sports Direct and then the Back seat with the same.
Car was fully loaded and therefore pumped up the tyres to 40 psi.
Forgot the reset the MMI to the new Tyre pressures and had a very worrying moment when 10 minutes into the journey and on the M6 when my daughter says" what is that Tyre pressure warning"
Note to self, and others, remember to reset the MMI!!
Pleased to report that the MMI radio streaming service worked well with the 321 sim in the UK, allowing us to listen to German radio and help the practice.
Also that the 321 sim works in France (and I believe the cost per MB will be the same as in UK)
Audi connect is working in France, albeit the data streaming is not as good and the German radio keeps stalling.
My daughter asked me what would happen, would the engine stop if she accidentally touched the start stop button.
I think the answer is no if touched once, but we decided not to experiment.
I am still not super confident with the parking brake when going up steep inclines onto a ferry, but luckily we were able to zoom up without start stop. Having spent many many years with a handbrake, you got used to them, even though the handbrake performance dropped off significantly and needed adjustment, which will hopefully not be the case with the Audi system?
ACC is working well and the Cruise control is good to try to keep to French speed limits.
My daughter and I are both finding the car a good place to be and very comfortable.
Have averaged 48 MPG so far with the 1.4TFSI
Made sure we filled up with Sans Plomb 98.
Was not sure if the E fuel would have worked and that was all that was on offer at a filling station at 0300 in the morning, but luckily I had sufficient fuel not to have to make the decision.
Have now done 3000 miles since new.
And so tomorrow, the 7 hour trip to Nuremburg.

Reactions: The Engineer, glospete and Redgrouse
What a great running review Phil

Sounds like you are having a blast.

Can we get some more snaps of the car? Looks like a great speced car

Car was fully loaded and therefore pumped up the tyres to 40 psi.
Forgot the reset the MMI to the new Tyre pressures and had a very worrying moment when 10 minutes into the journey and on the M6 when my daughter says" what is that Tyre pressure warning"
Note to self, and others, remember to reset the MMI!!

I did exactly the same after pumping tyres ready for my trip to France last week, so must remember to reset the MMI next time!

Currently in France, near Cahors, and car has performed faultlessly after 600+ miles, even with two adults, three teenagers and full boot of luggage! I've experienced no problems using Sans Plomb 95 in my 1.4 COD, and have averaged 48.6 mpg, which isn't bad.