1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First things first

White knight 2 Jul 7, 2018

1. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Hia all, this is my first question and it's probs been asked a thousand times, well at least for 11 year anyway lol, don't worry I expect to get shouted at and called a noob haha, my centre console armrest lid catch is broke, so is it best to just get the catch or the full lid, something like the egay ones, and that will be my first task achieved, any help would be great, cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Just seen allyn78 thread down below so which to go wiv catch or new lid, thank you guys

4. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

I replaced the catch on mine yesterday. Piece of cake, but don’t lose the spring!

5. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Hia lawrence, OK mate, I've seen a vid were you basically prise the front of the lid up with some screwdrivers, get any broken plastic bits out, hold the gap on the lid open wiv a few pegs while you install new catch. Is that about the jist of it mate? Cheers.

6. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

I used some plastic trim tools to prise the top off completely, then remove the old bits, put the new bits in, then clip the top back on. Paid about £5 for the catch and spring from eBay.

7. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

OK thanks Lawrence that don't sound too bad I'll hav to invest in some trim tools, off to the bay lol, thanks mate

8. EnGeO

EnGeO New Member

I bought an aluminium latch from ebay, never had problems since! The plastic ones just kept on breaking!

9. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

OK engeo cheers mate, ordered a plastic one now lol I'll see how long it lasts .

10. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Hi all, just a quick update, I snapped my eBay catch trying to fit it lol I really am hopeless and clumsy wiv me sausage fingers haha. So it's onto a full replica lid now, I'll update how that one goes :blush: cheers marty.

11. White knight 2

White knight 2 Member

Success, new arm rest lid fitted, it looks ok considering it's only a cheapo one :icon thumright: now on to the next thing... Cheers marty. _20180807_104108.JPG

LawrenceH likes this.