First step to the dark side....

Shinsplintz 101

Reaction score
Evening All,

Hopefully off to complete on a 14 plate A6 Avant Quattro S line 3.0 BiTDI in the morning so will soon be joining the Audi fold.

Test drove one earlier in the week & loved the experience - loads of grunt & oodles of refinement. However that particular car was a little over budget, so after a quick hunt on the internet I found a car that fitted the bill on the Audi approved used site at a dealer half an hour away - so holding deposit down - and off for test drive in the morning & as long as it's as described then should be the new owner by middle of next week once all the paperwork is sorted.

Coming over to the 'vorsprung durch technik' from an unhealthy obsession with Swedish automobiles over the past 7 or 8 years - a fairly long line of Volvo's to be precise. Always turbo charged & always petrol. So running an oil burner will take a bit of getting used to, especially of a different marque, although the twin turbos with soften the blow!

Will still have a couple of 850Rs to play with at the weekend (the never ending projects:whistle2:) but my V70 T5 daily will be going in favour of the A6.

I've already had a good look about over the past few days as guest - on the hunt for background on the cars and any potential issues to look out for, with this being my first Audi. Found the forum full of interesting / useful information & seemingly friendly folk, so thought I'd join up.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello & I'll post up picks of the car once I've got it.

All the best, Morgan

Reactions: THQuattro, Sandra and Dunedin
Hi Morgan, welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum :)