First Stage 1 A45s (100-200kmh)

Man I hate that dashboard with the tablet bolted on.

The numbers are impressive, but I'd be interested to feel it. The RS3 really punches above 5k rpm, I worry these 4 pots are going to be ashmatic and feel really wrung out. The 5cyl in my stock RS3 barely feels like it is breaking a sweat, like an old meaty v8.

If anyone is interested in the 600bhp Koenigseggigiegiggg engine: is a cracking video.

Reactions: infernox and Bryant1998
Also the interior reminds me of this ... I should know, I own one!

Interior c4 cactus

Reactions: FBF01 and Bryant1998
Man I hate that dashboard with the tablet bolted on.

The numbers are impressive, but I'd be interested to feel it. The RS3 really punches above 5k rpm, I worry these 4 pots are going to be ashmatic and feel really wrung out. The 5cyl in my stock RS3 barely feels like it is breaking a sweat, like an old meaty v8.

If anyone is interested in the 600bhp Koenigseggigiegiggg engine: is a cracking video.

The 45 pulls strong to the redline!! Small capacity engine with a large turbos generally do. More so than the RS3 IMO, which is more torquey in its nature and midrange.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
0-60 in 3.6 from a stock 2.0 hatchback = lacking?!?! Can you find me a quicker one (RS3 included)?

It's only lacking against its own potential, which the other figures show are on par with Stg1 RS3 as I said.

The Gs on that 0-60 graph is 07-0.8 which is a bit low, as is a ~1.9s 60', it's either low on grip (in the rain?) or could have aggressive traction control holding it back. With that launch sorted it'll be on another level - expect we'll see 3.3-3.4s 0-60 from these on Dragy soon!

Impressive the car comes shod with Michelin pilot sport s tyres too :icon thumright:

It's only lacking against its own potential, which the other figures show are on par with Stg1 RS3 as I said.

The Gs on that 0-60 graph is 07-0.8 which is a bit low, as is a ~1.9s 60', it's either low on grip (in the rain?) or could have aggressive traction control holding it back. With that launch sorted it'll be on another level - expect we'll see 3.3-3.4s 0-60 from these on Dragy soon!

Yeah, I get what you are saying mate. The run was done on dusty roads and was literally a single one off run, so chances are we may see better. It is a stock car though, so launch is likely to be sensible in terms of aggressiveness compared to a Stage 1 RS.
The gearbox is a masterpiece compared to the last generation's effort, I know that much! Very short geared though..

Reactions: Ross_T_Boss and Snake Pliskin
For anyone saying the tablet screens look $**t ... I assure you thet are not and they look incredible !
The interior feels very high end and the quality of materials are excellent.
Merc have not cut any quality corners on this car at all IMO.
& yes coming from an RS3, the power delivery is very linear all the way uyp to 7,200 rpm.

upload_2020-3-28_14-43-28-jpeg.199875

The interior does look a massive step up over the current RS3 and the seats in particular deserve credit to the designers.

I'm sure the screens look great in the flesh I'm just not sold on the graphics merc have gone with but that's only based on videos I've seen.

The Augmented Reality sat nav is a great option on the nav screen, seen it in an A35 a few months back

The interior does look a massive step up over the current RS3 and the seats in particular deserve credit to the designers.

I'm sure the screens look great in the flesh I'm just not sold on the graphics merc have gone with but that's only based on videos I've seen.

The Augmented Reality sat nav is a great option on the nav screen, seen it in an A35 a few months back

The screen is very high res and looks pin sharp and bright :icon thumright:
Loads of personalisatuion available too - its very slick.
I was a bit aprehensive at first thinking it could be a bit too much, but having had it a few weeks now, I'm enjoying the choice available.

Reactions: DW81 and Count Drunkula
60-130mph is a default metric within Dragy (so long as you have it ticked - which is should already be?).

I would anticipate a very low 9 sec run from yours for 60-130 (maybe a high 8) - similar to mine.

Ok, managed to get one go on the way to Tesco! Didn't have a great start to be fair, wheels span a bit. Reckon i could just dip into the 10's for the 1/4 with warm tyres.

Context for anyone who missed earlier post. Car is FL RS3, Stage 1 MRC with BMC filter and gearbox map.

IMG 0504 IMG 0503 IMG 0502

Reactions: wuta3
Ok, managed to get one go on the way to Tesco! Didn't have a great start to be fair, wheels span a bit. Reckon i could just dip into the 10's for the 1/4 with warm tyres.

Context for anyone who missed earlier post. Car is FL RS3, Stage 1 MRC with BMC filter and gearbox map.

View attachment 200173 View attachment 200174 View attachment 200175
Good going that!! Very similar to mine with Revo Stage 1, but with additional hardware DP, intake and inlet.
MRC Stage 1 tune will no doubt be stronger than the Revo OTS map, but the car came to me with Revo already on. Ill be going for a bespoke solution when going Stage 2 after this lockdown ends..

Attachments

• IMG_1770.PNG
    IMG_1770.PNG
    619.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1768.PNG
    IMG_1768.PNG
    592.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1767.PNG
    IMG_1767.PNG
    617.4 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Riko0073
Thing I didn't like about the interior was the expanse of shiny black plastic that goes all along the centre console and up around the air vents.

Only thing that makes it look a bit cheap, plus is a dust/finger print magnet.

Make that carbon fibre, or the black ash trim they do (or used to do if not anymore!) on the C63 I drove and it'd make it a lot better.

Thing I didn't like about the interior was the expanse of shiny black plastic that goes all along the centre console and up around the air vents.

Only thing that makes it look a bit cheap, plus is a dust/finger print magnet.

Make that carbon fibre, or the black ash trim they do (or used to do if not anymore!) on the C63 I drove and it'd make it a lot better.

On the last A class I would agree with that but on the new one (A45 anyway) the trim is not shiny black and Merc have used some high grade premium materials.

This is the only picture I have but there is a really nice perforated effect matt black trim that runs along the dash which is really nice and the plastics are not scratchy at all.

there is some gloss black elements similar to what I had in my RS3 and i do like that. You don’t touch them with your fingers so fingers marks.

It’s a really well made and laid out interior of very high quality imo :icon thumright:

Upload 2020 4 4 10 1 45

We now finaly have demo stock in Australia so I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive, but social distancing will make it challenging.

We now finaly have demo stock in Australia so I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive, but social distancing will make it challenging.
Just tell the salesman to chuck you the keys and wear gloves.. :)

Just tell the salesman to chuck you the keys and wear gloves.. :)
Apparently you’re advised to leave a car for 72 hours before getting in one if someone else has been in it.

Apparently you’re advised to leave a car for 72 hours before getting in one if someone else has been in it.

I'm probably dust now because I just picked up my car from a service yesterday and two techs lived in it for two days replacing the sun roof. :) but Audi did send me a lot of emails assuring me that they clean an disinfect the cars, yet there was a lot of dust and small debris left inside from the roof work!

Reactions: D0C
On the last A class I would agree with that but on the new one (A45 anyway) the trim is not shiny black and Merc have used some high grade premium materials.

View attachment 200251

Says there’s no shiny black then posts a picture with shiny black trim ;)

It’s the shiny black around those vents that looks like a lot of shiny plastic (to me) when you’re in be car, and the it it goes down the the centre tunnel and the cubby hole cover.

Would’ve been nice if that was carbon/carbon effect or something else.

My folks have an A35 and it’s the same in that respect, only bit that makes it look a little cheap otherwise it’s decent.

Says there’s no shiny black then posts a picture with shiny black trim ;)

It’s the shiny black around those vents that looks like a lot of shiny plastic (to me) when you’re in be car, and the it it goes down the the centre tunnel and the cubby hole cover.

Would’ve been nice if that was carbon/carbon effect or something else.

My folks have an A35 and it’s the same in that respect, only bit that makes it look a little cheap otherwise it’s decent.

Ah I thought you were talking about the main dash trim.

Yeah I get your point, but I like gloss black rather than even shinier silver trim ... gloss black matches the black pack on the exterior so it all matches in imo.

Yeah silver wouldn’t have looked great either!

Just something a bit softer/matte would’ve been nice. Only a minor gripe!