First service B9 RS4

Terminator x

Reaction score
So car is in for first oil change, £350 ***! If that wasn't bad enough when I got there they still have it down as my old RS3 in for 3 year service! Also advised me of a software update and when I enquired "for what" it turned out to be a RS3 update ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro, NevMan and Thundercliffe81
So car is in for first oil change, £350 ***! If that wasn't bad enough when I got there they still have it down as my old RS3 in for 3 year service! Also advised me of a software update and when I enquired "for what" it turned out to be a RS3 update ...

TX.

Ahhhh, gotta love'm. It's a 2.9 V6! How can they be looking for that much?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh, gotta love'm. It's a 2.9 V6! How can they be looking for that much?!

I'll let you know how they break it down. £150 oil then £200 labour at a guess!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81

TX.

Obviously you're gonna want/need that stamp too. Daylight Robbery. Yeah I'll be keen to see the labour costs. But more, how much oil it takes

Obviously you're gonna want/need that stamp too. Daylight Robbery. Yeah I'll be keen to see the labour costs. But more, how much oil it takes

So it was 8 litres at £140 + VAT!

TX.

Reactions: NevMan
So it was 8 litres at £140 + VAT!

TX.

Jeez. Couldn’t you have supplied your own oil? Or just couldn’t be bothered?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Jeez. Couldn’t you have supplied your own oil? Or just couldn’t be bothered?
I didn't ask this time but previously when asked they just said no I couldn't!

TX.

I didn't ask this time but previously when asked they just said no I couldn't!

TX.

I got extra oil free John

d1504b6e36f87f9d656b8984286b8977.jpg

Reactions: Terminator x and Thundercliffe81

TX.

Paid the same for 1st inspection and oil change on the S3 if that makes you feel any better.

Reactions: Terminator x
Not according to Audi Service.
Far be it from me to go against the experts, but I was always told that over filling can be very harmful to an engine. Saying that, these engines do seem to get through the oil.

Far be it from me to go against the experts, but I was always told that over filling can be very harmful to an engine. Saying that, these engines do seem to get through the oil.

You can’t get blood out of a stone so I gave up and extracted a wee bit myself.

Reactions: D0C

TX.

I got a few bottles free. Although it’s not complained yet and I’m on 10,000 miles. How many miles have you done?

I got a few bottles free. Although it’s not complained yet and I’m on 10,000 miles. How many miles have you done?

Just rolled over 10k miles today!

TX.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
I had my RS3 in for an oil change and for some reason they wanted to charge me £450ish here in Sweden, normaly it's £350. I questioned the price so they changed it to £350 just like that, Audi dealers ftw...

I had mine in for an oil change and inspection but didn’t take it to Audi - local garage - £162.

**** Audi over charging - I don’t need them to stamp my book - it was done with genuine parts and its just an oil change.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
I had mine in for an oil change and inspection but didn’t take it to Audi - local garage - £162.

**** Audi over charging - I don’t need them to stamp my book - it was done with genuine parts and its just an oil change.
Do you not worry about "goodwill" if you've never been to Audi? Or resale if not FASH?

TX.

Reactions: NevMan