First RS 3 Saloon/Sedan Dealer Delivery?

JonoNZ

Reaction score

Attachments

• Giltrap Audi - Home 2017-05-06 07-43-49.jpg
    Giltrap Audi - Home 2017-05-06 07-43-49.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 585
Reactions: Djs3saloon, PanamaS3, Bristle Hound and 4 others
Wow that is amazing, it is hard not to be excited.

But then today I had a reminder how much I love the S3, damn it!!!

Enjoy! Find a narrow, enclosed road. Get it in 3rd gear at about 30mph/50kmh and pin the throttle. The bellow is tremendous.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AudiNutta
Please take plenty of photos and lots of videos :D Yoo are lucky to get an overnight test drive!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
First in the world ... cool !!!

Enjoy the test drive :yes:

Awesome, I'm so excited. My MY17 sedan is coming by the end of this month. Please make a video of the exhaust in dynamic mode. I'd love to know of the pops are still there.

Awesome, I'm so excited. My MY17 sedan is coming by the end of this month. Please make a video of the exhaust in dynamic mode. I'd love to know of the pops are still there.

Yes they are :)

Ok, a quick sneak preview. Proper overnight test drive booked for Tuesday, but popped by the dealer for a brief look and a quick drive around the block.

Initial impressions on very limited time behind the wheel are that magnetic suspension in dynamic mode is quite comfortable, engine sounds great but may be missing some of those pops on the downshifts of the previous RS 3, engine is pretty fabulous and very torquey from low down. Overall the car is very impressive, I wanted to take it home right then!

This is the first RS 3 into the dealership and pretty much standard NZ Spec with virtually know options other than the Aluminium Styling Pack and wheels (mag ride, VC, etc are all standard here). Specs here: http://www.audi.co.nz/dam/ngw/nz/MY1...March_2017.pdf

I have a video of the exhaust too, but I'm sure everyone has heard that before.

The Nardo Grey, Glacier White and Are Blue are on the boat still and due in the next week or so.

IMG 5595
IMG 5597
IMG 5595
IMG 5597
IMG 5601
IMG 5604
IMG 5609
IMG 5610

Reactions: PanamaS3, BarryG79, Spaceman_RS3 and 2 others
Try & find out if it has standard or sports exhaust too.

Quick pointer on the exhaust ....

You have to continually reset the drive select every time you start the car if you want dynamic exhaust sound ... it always defaults back to quiet exhaust.

Even if you select dynamic exhaust under individual settings you have to scroll through car settings each & every time.

You will hear the exhaust note change as you cycle through the mmi.

Otherwise you you will hear the quiet exhaust every time unless you re-select it.
Bit of a hassle but you get used to selecting every time you get in the car - same as turning the start / stop off.

Reactions: Morbo, AudiNutta and Terminator x
Quick pointer on the exhaust ....

You have to continually reset the drive select every time you start the car if you want dynamic exhaust sound ... it always defaults back to quiet exhaust.

Even if you select dynamic exhaust under individual settings you have to scroll through car settings each & every time.

You will hear the exhaust note change as you cycle through the mmi.

Otherwise you you will hear the quiet exhaust every time unless you re-select it.
Bit of a hassle but you get used to selecting every time you get in the car - same as turning the start / stop off.
Ah, thanks for the tip! I'll check that out when I'm back in the car on Tuesday.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
That YouTube link is clearly not in dynamic mode.

Reactions: AudiNutta
That YouTube link is clearly not in dynamic mode.

Yeah agreed that's when I thought it may be useful to post about the quiet exhaust default.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Front wheelarch gap looks a bit large. Transport packers or parked on a kerb/incline that I am not seeing?

Reactions: PanamaS3
Ah, thanks for the tip! I'll check that out when I'm back in the car on Tuesday.

That is why it was missing the pops then, it won't pop and bang unless it is in dynamic.... it's about to get a whole load more exciting for you :D

Reactions: JonoNZ
Ok, a quick sneak preview. Proper overnight test drive booked for Tuesday, but popped by the dealer for a brief look and a quick drive around the block.

Initial impressions on very limited time behind the wheel are that magnetic suspension in dynamic mode is quite comfortable, engine sounds great but may be missing some of those pops on the downshifts of the previous RS 3, engine is pretty fabulous and very torquey from low down. Overall the car is very impressive, I wanted to take it home right then!

This is the first RS 3 into the dealership and pretty much standard NZ Spec with virtually know options other than the Aluminium Styling Pack and wheels (mag ride, VC, etc are all standard here). Specs here: http://www.audi.co.nz/dam/ngw/nz/MY1...March_2017.pdf

I have a video of the exhaust too, but I'm sure everyone has heard that before.

The Nardo Grey, Glacier White and Are Blue are on the boat still and due in the next week or so.

View attachment 124899 View attachment 124900 View attachment 124899 View attachment 124900 View attachment 124901 View attachment 124902 View attachment 124903 View attachment 124904

I am sold, that looks incredible! I thought I had decided on a Sportback but now I am not so sure. Really need to see both side by side.

Virtual cockpit standard in NZ? Wonder if it will be standard in the UK? That will take a chunk off the asking price for us all.

Virtual cockpit standard in NZ? Wonder if it will be standard in the UK? That will take a chunk off the asking price for us all.

I'm sure it was listed as an extra for the uk in some posts a couple of months back.

I'm sure it was listed as an extra for the uk in some posts a couple of months back.

Yep it was but I still have some hope haha, it would save us £1500. It should have it, based on the £5k increased starting price :( :(

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Has UK price been confirmed then?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Are those seats black? They look grayish. Affected by camera flash, perhaps?

damn that looks brutal, love the specs!

So silly that the netherlands pretty much get 20% of those options on the standard package..

Last edited:
Is there a wireless charging bay in the arm wrest?

be great to see what (if any) other wheels come with the other colours you have arriving soon....someone said it once and its stuck in my head....those look a bit Kia-esque....[run and hide]

Maybe I am the only one but I am underwhelmed.
I am all for stealth fast Audis however that colour/wheel combo could easily pass as any other A3 saloon with a good old max power exhaust conversion (those of you old enough think back to late 80s/early 90s), given the ridiculously easy high performance on offer I would so prefer a similar approach Audi took with the older RS4 for example. OK the motor will be a treat (already tried it in the TTRS) which itself will sell loads of cars however I just don't get a fuzzy feeling looking at it parked up - for me the asking price is too much for something look so similar to other A3 saloons.
I'll get my coat...................

Reactions: Terminator x, PanamaS3 and Radman
Maybe I am the only one but I am underwhelmed.
I am all for stealth fast Audis however that colour/wheel combo could easily pass as any other A3 saloon with a good old max power exhaust conversion (those of you old enough think back to late 80s/early 90s), given the ridiculously easy high performance on offer I would so prefer a similar approach Audi took with the older RS4 for example. OK the motor will be a treat (already tried it in the TTRS) which itself will sell loads of cars however I just don't get a fuzzy feeling looking at it parked up - for me the asking price is too much for something look so similar to other A3 saloons.
I'll get my coat...................

couldn't agree more....on my drive into work in the mornings I often pass a parked old RS4....Nogaro blue....with the classic 7 twin spoke wheels in matt graphite grey....definitely makes my man vegetables jump despite its age....and mine :chuncky:

Reactions: Terminator x