First oil service

Like Dave, I'd take my car to the dealer, mainly because I have a good relationship with them. I'm confident that outside the warranty period, they would extend their goodwill towards any issue I subsequently had. In the past they replaced a Haldex pump at their cost for me, when Audi Technical were dragging their feet.

However everyone has a different view/relationship with their dealer, so I'm afraid you'd have to make your own choice. :)

Reactions: Daveotto and Louay
What was the software update Dave?

45D3 campaign update according to the paperwork.

DPF gas kicked in twice since the update, probably coincidence and the car needs a good run as had 6 weeks of short journeys so taking her to France next week for a bit of a blast !

45D3 campaign update according to the paperwork.

DPF gas kicked in twice since the update, probably coincidence and the car needs a good run as had 6 weeks of short journeys so taking her to France next week for a bit of a blast !
Will any updates be stated on my invoice then?

Will any updates be stated on my invoice then?

Yes if you take it to an Audi service centre they should record on your invoice all work undertaken, should also be added to your electronic service record

Reactions: Louay
Thanks all for the advice. think the extra 80 notes will guarantee some peace of mind.

Like Dave, I'd take my car to the dealer, mainly because I have a good relationship with them. I'm confident that outside the warranty period, they would extend their goodwill towards any issue I subsequently had.

That's exactly my view, spend nearly £30k on a car and then worry over an occasional extra £100 or so when the little overpayments buy you longer term goodwill (and potentially save you money). You always have to pay for quality of service. But each to their own, you pay your money and make your choice.

Its a brand new model doubt there are any updates required just yet, so iv'e been informed by both the dealer and indy.

Dealer Price = £220.00
Indy Price = £139.00

Think i know where i'll be going for an oil change but take the main service for the dealer is my line of thinking.

My dealer charged me £167 for my oil change service; perhaps some leeway for negociation?

I knew I had seen it before:

It’s called the Audi Service Price Match. And it’s really simple. Get a quote from any provider for a service, repairs, maintenance or new tyres. If it includes Audi Genuine Parts, we guarantee you won’t pay a penny more for the same job at Audi. And that includes parts and labour. Our expertise, at local garage prices.

We will price match any like-for like written quote, using Audi Genuine Parts from any garage/repairer within a 15 mile radius of your Audi Authorised Repairer. Audi parts have a two year parts and labour warranty on parts fitted (excluding wear and tear items).

It’s all part of The Audi Difference.

For more information speak to your local Audi Centre. You can also read the full Audi Service Price Match terms and conditions below.

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-service-price-match.html

Reactions: elpaulio
try to access ODIS (USB+Bluetooth) guided function, many amazing settings there

I was about to pay for my service at a main dealer but then the dealer checked the plan on the car and said the service was free and is included on my pcp plan. They took the oil out from the bottom as a week later i had to take it back to the dealer due to a loose belly plate.