First Mod. What did you get? What should i get?

Ruin20

Reaction score
Hey guys i have been an S3 owner for about 4 months now and I'm looking to do something to the car aside from fixing it up? So I was just wondering what everyone else got for their first mod? And what would you recommend I should do?

At the moment my car is a completely standard AMK I do intend to remap it at some point but I have also been looking at a TIP as well as a Forge DV, Jetex Intake and Scorpion cat back? so where should I start? Will these mods make a big difference?

Thanks
Nick

Mine was a forge 007p dv. Still haven't fitted it :blush:

x2 for the remap for your first mod :icon_thumright:

remap and forge 007 at the same time

milltek :) only because it was a nice deal. I would go for remap first.

I went for air filter, 007 DV, TIP & then remap but if I did it all over again I'd go for thicker ARBs & coilovers first, then stiffened engine mounts.

My first mod when I bought the S3 (as it was already mapped) was bending a couple of rods.... Not the way to go! lol.

lol Welly's a bender

bender.jpg

:lmfao:

Awesome, cheers guys, I think I'm gonna get a forge tip and dv for xmas then get the remap if its not too pricey with my insurance company!

some s3 mats from the group b.....oh no your too late

I already have mats! :p

Both I guess lol, that was my second mod but also a good first mod if a bit more expensive than a map

Slightly bizarre, but I bought my remap before I bought the car! So I'd started modding before I even owned the vehicle.

Seriously, I pre-paid for a remap from QST at their GTi International show prices in the June, but didn't actually buy a car until the following March (couldn't find one I liked). In the end the car I now own turned up 10 miles down the road.

It was worth pre-paying as the prices had gone up in the meantime :eek:).

Can remember driving back from Haywards Heath when it was done and nearly stacking it on a roundabout and thinking, right, Brembos next.....

only thing I've done to mine is an aftermarket panel filter. oh ok it's now got 18s too :)

im surprised there isnt a thread for cheap mods (under £100) for your 8L. There is one on UKMkIVS and it is truely amazing. I thought of starting one but didnt take action on the thought.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAP all the way!!!