First Introduction of 'SPECs' in Scotland

scanerack

Reaction score
From another source:

First introduction of SPECS (vehicle speed detection system) in Scotland will take place on the A77 between Bogside (south of Kilmarnock) and Ardwell (Prestwick). This will introduce average speed detection over a 46km section of the A77.

Drivers travelling over the national speed limit in this section after the 15th of July 2005 will automatically be liable to prosecution.
There will be no 10% rule.

There are multiple detectors in the central reserve and therefore it will be possible to incur 12 penalty points on this section alone to earn an instant disqualification from driving for 12 months.

Visit Scottish Executive web-site for further details, and:

http://www.speedcheck.co.uk/newsStory03.htm and
http://www.speedcheck.co.uk/press01.htm

This is so depressing.

I never get the mindset of the safety weenies. Do they just wake up one morning and say "hey I know what really bothers me in life - life is just too dangerous?"

How did their ancestors survive through the history of humanity (most of which has in one way or another been far more dangerous than the present day) long enough to find food, claim a place to live and generally reproduce?

Perhaps they are the descendants of the sort of people who draft-dodged and hid when the two world wars came along (you could extrapolate this as meaning that all the brave died (along with their genes) leaving only the feeble-minded behind and thus explaining why Britain is so rubbish these days!)

Great , instant 12 points, thats really fair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Get a Road Angel. They have a SPECS mode that tells you what your average speed is while you're in the SPECS zone, so you have time to reduce it.

I still reckon a vehicle protection system should be developed. Where the vehicle is allowed to protect itself, so rocket launchers behind the headlights can take out the offending camera... SPECS (Small Pieces of Electronics Catastrophically Smashed) :))

[ QUOTE ]
I still reckon a vehicle protection system should be developed. Where the vehicle is allowed to protect itself, so rocket launchers behind the headlights can take out the offending camera... SPECS (Small Pieces of Electronics Catastrophically Smashed) :))

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it!

Easiest way to avoid it is to use a bike. As the cameras photograph from the front they have no way of recording a bikes plate which is to the rear.....

Least you lot don't travel on the road daily.

Umm and who suffer the most deaths/serious injuries in the UK I wonder?
Safety my ****!