First Impressions

roadrunner

Reaction score
Had the A1 for about 7 or 8 weeks now. Mainly used by my other members of the family but I have to admit that I am impressed. It's a 1.4TSFI S-line Stronic and apart from the minor niggle on delivery of a rattle from a badly secured fuel pipe it has been great. Unfortunately the weather has been bad so it's not been an ideal time to take delivery of a new car but it has still been fun to drive and very sure footed in the slippery conditions we had a few weeks back.

In looks I know it is not for everyone but as an owner it grows on you. Didn't go for the contrasting colours as preferred to keep it all white and having now seen the vehicle with the optional contrasting colour lines I am pleased that I did.

Inside it is very comfortable and nicely finished although for the price paid I still think there is room for some improvement but no doubt that will come in time.

All in all we love driving the car and are happy owners.

Last edited:
Just been advised that the A1 has been awarded the What Car - 2011 Car of the Year.

Had the A1 for about 7 or 8 weeks now. Mainly used by my other members of the family but I have to admit that I am impressed. It's a 1.4TSFI S-line Stronic and apart from the minor niggle on delivery of a rattle from a badly secured fuel pipe it has been great. Unfortunately the weather has been bad so it's not been an ideal time to take delivery of a new car but it has still been fun to drive and very sure footed in the slippery conditions we had a few weeks back.

In looks I know it is not for everyone but as an owner it grows on you. Didn't go for the contrasting colours as preferred to keep it all white and having now seen the vehicle with the optional contrasting colour lines I am pleased that I did.

Inside it is very comfortable and nicely finished although for the price paid I still think there is room for some improvement but no doubt that will come in time.

All in all we love driving the car and are happy owners.

Glad your happy with your purchase, I really like it myself. Can't wait for the S1 to come out, if that ever happens of course.

Have you any photos to share?

As soon as it stops raining i will shoot a few and post them.

The big surprise for me is how few I see on the roads. In the last 7 weeks the only A1's I have seen are when I pass the dealership. I know it's early days but expected to see a few more around by now.

As soon as it stops raining i will shoot a few and post them.

The big surprise for me is how few I see on the roads. In the last 7 weeks the only A1's I have seen are when I pass the dealership. I know it's early days but expected to see a few more around by now.

I haven't seen many myself, make the most of it though, I'm expecting it to flood the roads. The Mini is all in the past now, the A1 is better looking and cheaper

Can you post a pic mate because i've ordered the same car in white but gone for the 6 speed manual :)

here is mine being PDI'd

e2abaea3.jpg

Its good to see one in one uniform colour I really hate the trend for multi coloured cars

Nice, love the wheels, not sure about the blue stickers on the bumper though. :icon_thumright:

Mark

only 2 weeks til mine comes...cant wait. amalfi white, 18" black alloys, tinted windows and No contrast stripe. Diesel, s-line. hurry up Audi!!!

Audi 1 does have variations as far as colors are concerned... Truly speaking i always like black cars. Look royal in Black. White is not bad though..But as said by markwiggy that blue stickers looks very odd..