Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Incredible !
So literally JUST the UK which had the interior packs excluded :blink:

• Angry
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Adi7r, RS03??? and 1 other person
Incredible !

Bear in mind the starting price in Ireland is about £80k!

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Incredible !

Big money in Ireland mate.

The dealer I bought mine from has Irish connections, told me the car I bought would be 80-90k over there.
Tax is horrendous apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin

The dealer I bought mine from has Irish connections, told me the car I bought would be 80-90k over there.

Crikey that’s madness isn’t it

Reactions: Mr Freeze and garethdj
Brought a few cars across before we brought up the drawbridge, for some reason you have always been able to get cars/options not available here but no-one over there buys them as they have VRT ('luxury' tax) then VAT on top of it, kills high spec or optioned cars.

Used to be easy, code in a MPH speedo cluster and they are still going strong. Somehow think it would be more difficult today :anguished:

Crikey that’s madness isn’t it
I was in Copenhagen a few years back and seen a base 911 at around £230k the salesmen said the luxury car tax was around 160% in Scandinavia
and we think we have it bad :laughing:

• Wow
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
They may be expensive in general but they still got the option. So why didn't we even get the option? Boggles the mind.

Still can be configured and ordered from Ireland.

They may be expensive in general but they still got the option. So why didn't we even get the option? Boggles the mind.
Some know it all in Audi UK decided it was tacky and did not fit within the Std, Carbon, Vorsprung template of restrictions.

Reactions: Daggerit

Audi A3 Facelift Minimum Camouflage Scoop main 1024x576
Audi A3 Facelift Minimum Camouflage Scoop 13 1024x678

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
Not much then rings moved up into the grill surround and the quattro slot vent has gone.
I think that actually looks worse in that form.

I’m inclined to agree. Maybe in RS3 guise it’ll be better but those pictures don’t make me feel like I’d be missing out with a PFL 8Y at all…

Reactions: mb127 and 8YARWY
I’m inclined to agree. Maybe in RS3 guise it’ll be better but those pictures don’t make me feel like I’d be missing out with a PFL 8Y at all…

I’m willing to bet it won’t have no interior changes either.
The 8V didn’t get any apart from the VC upgrade which only required minimal behind the dash alterations.

Maybe they will takeaway the runway / hockey stick and give back the central dial.

Reactions: Daggerit
Not much then rings moved up into the grill surround and the quattro slot vent has gone.

Wtf is going on?! Are those massive "holes" in the grill like that now?

TX.
60d7e105eaca22711089dfd9133521cb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well they have got rid of that vent that made it look like the bonnet wasn't shut and turned it into a bad panel gap.

Well they have got rid of that vent that made it look like the bonnet wasn't shut and turned it into a bad panel gap.

I’ve never once thought that the bonnet wasn’t closed if I’m honest.

1df1709c0486ffb614d14caa9342f9a4.jpg

Reactions: mb127

Yeah doesn't look like a massive change.
Lights look interesting, seem to have a multi-led thing going across the top. Wonder if the 5x3 grid will still be a thing.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yeah doesn't look like a massive change.
Lights look interesting, seem to have a multi-led thing going across the top. Wonder if the 5x3 grid will still be a thing.

And they’ll probably still struggle to make the thing.

I bet you they will probably just include the interior pack in the FL

And they’ll probably still struggle to make the thing.

lol a facelift of a car they are already struggling to supply as you say :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, Mr Freeze and Tommm
Bonkers eh?

Hows the Porsche ?
Great thanks - it definitely has that 'every drive feels special' like I had with my 8v RS3.
Just this cold spell we have had, the Pirelli P Zero's are terrible when cold.
I plan to change to Michelin after the summer.
Lovely to drive / look at / sit in / sounds ace ... ticks all the boxes
So yeah flipping loving it thanks mate.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY, Jaeger12 and 2 others
Great thanks - it definitely has that 'every drive feels special' like I had with my 8v RS3.
Just this cold spell we have had, the Pirelli P Zero's are terrible when cold.
I plan to change to Michelin after the summer.
Lovely to drive / look at / sit in / sounds ace ... ticks all the boxes
So yeah flipping loving it thanks mate.
One of my R8's had P Zero on and I switched to Michelins P4S when they wore out, the car lost it's aggressive turn in and tbh didn’t have any more grip than the P Zero.

One factor that people forget when comparing tyres is they are usually taking off a worn out tyre and fitting a new one, even going for the same make you would feel an improvement

Reactions: garethdj and Daggerit
One of my R8's had P Zero on and I switched to Michelins P4S when they wore out, the car lost it's aggressive turn in and tbh didn’t have any more grip than the P Zero.

One factor that people forget when comparing tyres is they are usually taking off a worn out tyre and fitting a new one, even going for the same make you would feel an improvement
I had the Bridgestones on mine and changed them to the Michelin PS4S' at 4k miles so they weren't worn. The Michelins immediately felt like they had better turn in, but I can't comment on outright grip because the weather has been pretty cold and miserable so not a great comparison. Maybe there wouldn't have been as much of a difference with the PZeros, or maybe I'd have experienced the same as yourself, but they're definitely better than the Bridgestones in my opinion. I'll never know the difference in wear, but I can live with that. :)

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin

The P Zero's are brand new.
They were absolutely fine in the mild temps we had a few weeks ago.
Just when the recent cold weather hit they are terrible.
After a spot of forum research it became apparent the P zero's are useless in the cold and the Michelin's are generally a better suited tyre to the car.
It was the same with the 8V RS3 though, the Michelin's on that were far superior so I am not surprised.
Just find on a rear wheel drive car, they are particularly bad for cold weather traction.

Reactions: Mike.46, flybynite and 8YARWY
The P Zero's are brand new.
They were absolutely fine in the mild temps we had a few weeks ago.
Just when the recent cold weather hit they are terrible.
After a spot of forum research it became apparent the P zero's are useless in the cold and the Michelin's are generally a better suited tyre to the car.
It was the same with the 8V RS3 though, the Michelin's on that were far superior so I am not surprised.
Just find on a rear wheel drive car, they are particularly bad for cold weather traction.
I found the Pirellis useless too but they are summer tyres, some do better in the cold than others.

I love the PS4Ss but they are also summer rubber. This time of year they are tucked up in the corner of the garage and I run wet weather and snowflake rated all-seasons, made for cold wet tarmac and won't leave you in a ditch on the odd day it snows or they 'forget' to grit the road.

Quattro is nothing without good rubber

Reactions: Daggerit and Snake Pliskin
I found the Pirellis useless too but they are summer tyres, some do better in the cold than others.

I love the PS4Ss but they are also summer rubber. This time of year they are tucked up in the corner of the garage and I run wet weather and snowflake rated all-seasons, made for cold wet tarmac and won't leave you in a ditch on the odd day it snows or they 'forget' to grit the road.

Quattro is nothing without good rubber
Yeah, the PS4S' are definitely better than the PS4's in cold weather, and were actually alright in -11degC the other morning to my surprise. But, exactly as you say, they're a summer tyre and are never going to be suited to the cold, slushy or snowy roads.

As I bang on about, you can have AWD with summer tyres and get better traction from stationary than other cars, but you still have to brake and turn where you have no advantage unless you're running the right tyres for the conditions.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin